Failed to create dump file: " (error 183)

Options
bevans
bevans Member ✭✭

Today,

Started Quicken and there was update. Then Updated accoounts OK. Click on my checking acount and nothing, PC fans speed up.. couple of clicks and I get Pop up with error message Failed to create dump file: " (error 183). Tried quicken file validate and super validate same error and crash. Other accounts seem ok to access. Rebooted and same results. Looked through past posts nothing seems to work, Ugh

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @bevans,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If I'm understanding correctly, you are able to open your Quicken file, but as soon as you try to do anything with one specific account, Quicken crashes and gives you that error 183 message? You mentioned you looked at past posts, so is it safe to assume you already tried restarting your computer, reinstalling the patch, and uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? If so, the next step would be to try restoring a backup from before the issue started and seeing if everything works properly in the restored file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bevans
    bevans Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello, Yes after Quicken update if I try and access my checking account and now Bills & Income Quicken hangs and I get the 183 message, then application shutsdown (crashes I assume). Yep tried all mentioned. Last resort I restored a backup and so far all seems to be ok.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.