One Step Update - download date range (edit)

1lilpig
1lilpig Member ✭✭

Greetings. Is there a way to set the time period for which you want a one-step update to download transactions? I have some long-standing accounts for which I would like to enable One Step Update but the prior period transactions download for up to two years previous. This does nothing but completely blow up my Quicken accounting to date. Any guidance on how to set up a "start from" when establishing new accounts on One Step Update? I'm using Q for Windows. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @1lilpig,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question. There is no way to specify a date range when connecting your account for automatic downloads using One Step Update. However, one thing you can do to reduce the issue is turn off automatic entry. That will cause Quicken to download into a section below the register rather than putting it directly into the register. From there, you can accept the transactions you want and delete the ones you don't want. After you've deleted the unwanted transactions, they usually do not return since Quicken will remember that it already downloaded them.

To turn off automatic entry for an account that isn't connected, follow these steps:

1. In your Quicken, go to Edit>Preferences>Downloaded transactions.
    2. If there is a checkmark next to Automatically add to banking registers, click on that checkmark to remove it, then click OK.

Those steps will set your general account preferences to having automatic entry off. Once you have connected the account(s) you wanted to connect, you can turn automatic entry back on if you want, or leave it off if you prefer reviewing transactions before they go into your register.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @1lilpig,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question. There is no way to specify a date range when connecting your account for automatic downloads using One Step Update. However, one thing you can do to reduce the issue is turn off automatic entry. That will cause Quicken to download into a section below the register rather than putting it directly into the register. From there, you can accept the transactions you want and delete the ones you don't want. After you've deleted the unwanted transactions, they usually do not return since Quicken will remember that it already downloaded them.

To turn off automatic entry for an account that isn't connected, follow these steps:

1. In your Quicken, go to Edit>Preferences>Downloaded transactions.
    2. If there is a checkmark next to Automatically add to banking registers, click on that checkmark to remove it, then click OK.

Those steps will set your general account preferences to having automatic entry off. Once you have connected the account(s) you wanted to connect, you can turn automatic entry back on if you want, or leave it off if you prefer reviewing transactions before they go into your register.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

SO… just to clarify - HOW have you been handling this "long standing" account ?
    Have you been manually entering transactions -
    or using the bank online website and manually downloading QFX files
    and then manually Importing them into Quicken ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• 1lilpig
    1lilpig Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    I've been manually entering the transactions since before one step update was a thing on one account, the other...just never bothered to set it up since I had always done things manually. If I try to set it up now, it wants to download 2 years of transactions, and that just makes a mess of everything.
  • 1lilpig
    1lilpig Member ✭✭
    Quicken Kristina - Thank you! I wish they would set a date field but this might help.
This discussion has been closed.