Verizon Wireless

Verizon always changes the way the way they download bills. Now requesting a code they never send on text.. See attached.

Comments

• Hello @Robert Ralyea,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you're not getting the code from Verizon Wireless, I'd recommend reaching out to them for troubleshooting.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭✭

I tried to work out the problem with Verizon but they have no idea what Quicken is. This happens with a lot of billers. When I log ion on the web site I get the code texted to me but when I login on Quicken I get no code. It seems to me that Quicken has the contacts that that can fix the issue. I have the same issue with New Jersey Natural Gas who designed a new web site and I do not get the code texted to me when I login to Quicken buit I do get the text when I login to the web site.. If you call them they have no idea what Quicken is.

Any help woul;d be appreciated.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

About your Bill Manager issues

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to arm-wrestle Bill Manager into making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates or late fees.

This discussion has been closed.