Deleting Automatic Payments that no longer show in Bill Pay as Automatic Payments

GordonJ
GordonJ Member ✭✭

In June 2021 Quicken pushed out an update that entered a bunch of random data into my checking account. It took the better part of a week to figure out what was going on and get a backup working properly. In the "working file" I had established auto payments to two vendors. The backup that I had to use was made prior to the establishment of the autopayments. I need to now change these auto payments as bill dates and amounts have changed. They do not show up in file I'm using as being availalble to change. I went back to a backup file that had these autopayments and deleted and refreshed from that file. The autopayment bills are still being processed. How do I correct this?

Comments

• Hello @GordonJ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are you able to find the automatic payments under Tools>Manage Bill & Income Reminders? You said they're being processed; is that the status showing in the Online Payments section (Tools>Online Center, payments tab)? When you do your One Step Update in Quicken, is it trying to send instructions to your financial institution for these incorrect payments?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GordonJ
    GordonJ Member ✭✭

These autopayments are invisible to my present version of Quicken. They were setup in a previous version and when Quicken had a hiccup in June 2021 I had to revert to backup from an earlier version before I had set up the autopayments. I cannot find these transactions to delete them either in my present version, or in a previous backup. These do not show up anywhere until the payments are made and I get the download from my bank. I've contacted the bank. They can see the transactions but the ACH requests are coming from the Quicken process company. The bank says they cannot delete them on their end. I've tried calling Quicken support and the person whom I could barely understand told me to talk to the bank. I'm going round in circles and it's very frustrating.

• Hello @GordonJ,

Thank you for your reply. I sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.