Duplicate transactions (after transfer from Mac to Windows version) cannot be deleted or edited

Options
J-C Bailly
J-C Bailly Member ✭✭
After successfully transferring and converting my data from Mac to Windows (because it is multicurrency and the Mac version is not), all accounts and past transactions or investments were correctly imported with no error.

However, some of my upcoming scheduled transactions are shown in duplicate and cannot be edited or deleted. When I right click on them, it says "Cannot be deleted", when I click on edit, nothing happens. If I do it from the "Manage Bills and Income reminders", the same thing happens. There seems to be no way for me to correct this.

I first thought that once the transaction would have become actual, I could delete it, but no, it is still impossible.

What can I do please? Thank you for any assistance.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @J-C Bailly,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• J-C Bailly
    J-C Bailly Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your help. It did cure the problem of duplicated planned transactions, but it also deleted all my Bills and Income reminders. And I had quite a lot of them! Is there a way to re-establish them without re-writing each and every one of them, please?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for following up.

If you saved a backup prior to performing the validation steps, I would advise restoring that backup to restore the missing data so you don't have to recreate them. However, keep in mind that this may also bring back your original issue. If this is the case, we advise you to contact Quicken Support directly instead for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• J-C Bailly
    J-C Bailly Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, I did it manually, much longer but surer…
This discussion has been closed.