Constant Balance Adjustments - Make it stop!

Options
JimGH
JimGH Member ✭✭

I have been a long time user of Quicken (easily 10+ years) but I am at a breaking point with it now. I have no idea what the issue is but I downlaod and reconcile my account at least 3 or 4 times a week if not almost daily. I am also a Chase bank customer. However, for a while now when I reconcile more often than not a balance adjustment needs to be made. The cycle is also always the same, first there is an adjustment deducting funds from my balance and then inevitably there is a credit posted. It has gotten to the point where I don't trust that my accounts are properly updated. I use the automatic downloads so I am pretty certain transactions aren't missed. I truly think it might have something to do with "pending transactions" and how they are recorded or not. I just would have thought Quicken would have fixed any issues with Chase by now.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @JimGH,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To clarify, is this happening every time you reconcile (eg: you make an adjustment, then 1-2 days later, it prompts you to make another adjustment)? Do the adjustments always cancel each other out? Do you recall roughly when the issue started?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kmhilding
    kmhilding Member
    Options

I have the same problem. It is pending transactions. Whenever this happens (almost daily) I log into my online portal at the the bank and the discrepancy equals the pending transactions. For the life of me I can't understand why Quicken developers and management thaought this would be a productive change. It isn't! Quicken worked great prior to this change. Have been using it for 23 years, it's an integral part of my life. There are many complaints. The Moderators here know exactly what's up.

Reconciling an account is key to Quickens base functionality!! Bite the bullet and fix this!

• TEC2023
    TEC2023 Member
    Options

I got the below message after signing up for an update to a previous thread on this topic. The update said the issue was resolved but when clicking on the link "Check it out" I can not access the thread and the bookmark I created to follow the thread also does not work. I'm guessing it was deleted? Is there another thread where we can follow this issue?

• TEC2023
    TEC2023 Member
    Options

This is the link from the email:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20346677#Comment_20346677

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @TEC2023,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. When an issue is marked as resolved, the alert remains open for a couple days, then gets archived.

Are you still having issues with pending transactions reflecting in your online balance?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• TEC2023
    TEC2023 Member
    Options

Hi Kristina, yes, I am still having the same issue with pending transactions reflecting in the online balance, and preventing a clean daily reconciliation.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Which financial institution(s) is this happening with? Is it always off by exactly the amount showing pending with the financial institution(s)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• TEC2023
    TEC2023 Member
    Options

It is with Chase, and yes, the accounts are always off by the exact amount of the pending transaction(s)

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @TEC2023,

I sent you a private message.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.