Quicken crashes when Bills & Income Tab is chosen2

Options
Larry Hinson
Larry Hinson Member ✭✭✭

I have followed recent suggestions to Super Validate step by step. No help. This Bills and Income have been flaky for some time. I thought recent software update was fix but it seems to have gotten worst. Help

Comments

• Brian Biggs
    Brian Biggs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Glad (I think) to hear I'm not the only one. I can usualy get 2-3 things done in the Bills & Income page before Quicken crashes. It happens consistently, and has been going on for a couple of weeks. I send a report to Quicken every time now. Tough problem to diagnose, I understand, but I'm not sure what else to do about it.

Quicken Deluxe, Version R49.29, Build 27.1.49.29
    Windows 10 Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2965)

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Larry Hinson and @Brian Biggs,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you have already tried Validating and Super Validating your file, the next step would be to restore a backup from before the issue started. If the issue has been going on too long for that to be a viable option or if the same problem happens in the restored file, please let me know so we can troubleshoot further.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Larry Hinson
    Larry Hinson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I restored a 14 day old Backup. I could now open the Bills and Income Tab. There are reminders back that say fixit , when you clickon they say they no longer exist. This was the issue before the most recent update which cleared up the bills and Income which appeared to update to working correctly. Yet after closing quicken the next time opening, clicking the Bills & Income tab led to crashing. After restoring the 14 day old backup with no change other than I can open Bills and Income tab, I did a Super Validate which changed nothing.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

If I'm understanding correctly, you restored a backup from 2 weeks ago. Now Quicken does not crash when you open the Bills and Income tab, but you have bill reminders that show "needs attention" and when you click "fixit", you get an error saying they no longer exist? Are these online billers?

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Brian Biggs
    Brian Biggs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Restoring from a backup is not a viable option for me. It has been too long since the problem started.

Quicken Deluxe, Version R49.29, Build 27.1.49.29
    Windows 10 Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2965)

• Larry Hinson
    Larry Hinson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    They are all Online Billers. The 2 chase accounts have had no transaction for months. There are currently no reminders for any period. I can't find a way to delete what it says remove. The Duke Energy is valid and correct amount, but when clicking on it it doest nothing.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the update @Larry Hinson,

You mentioned running a super validate after restoring the backup. Did you also Review and Repair? If not, in your Bills and Income section, Bills tab, click the gear icon in the upper right, select Review and Repair, then select Review and Repair Online Billers.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply, @Brian Biggs,

Since restoring from a backup is not a viable option for you, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having same issues. Crashes sometime during one step update and sometimes when I click on certain accounts like “stocks”. Try validations and super validations.
  • Larry Hinson
    Larry Hinson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It took using the copy/template method to solve this issue. That seem to freeup the linkage to billers. Everything appears to be working now. Glad it worked because its a lot work reestablishing all those connections. :)
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the update @Larry Hinson,

I'm glad to hear its working now.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.