Quicken and Union Bank - Enable online payments

Since around March 3rd, 2023, I have been unable to make online payments to my online payees. I get a notice about my account not being enabled for online payments. I had been able to do so for the past ten years or so but some corruption crept in a few weeks ago that required restoring my Union Bank connections from backups.

Quicken chat support has been very helpflu guiding me through the steps to restore my account and I can now download / update transactions with Union Bank. But I cannot send payments.

My current connection type to the account is Express Web Connect, as you see below.

However, think the connection type used to be Direct Connect. But when I try to create another account with Union Bank, it won't accept my credentials, and I can only use a login that sets me up with Web Connect.

Is there something I can do in Quicken to get my online payments to work, or is this something I should be taking up with Union Bank?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Comments

• Hello @charliemullin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. It sounds like you were previously connected by Direct Connect and using Quicken to send instructions to your bank's bill pay. I can see in the screenshot you included that you are connected by Express Web Connect. That is why its not letting you pay bills like you could before.

I can see the instance you are using, Union Bank - Web, offers only Web Connect or Express Web Connect. Have you tried using Union Bank - Quicken? That one appears to use the same URL, and when you click Advanced Options, there is an option to connect using Direct Connect. If it does not accept your login credentials, you may need to reach out to Union Bank for assistance since some financial institutions do require you sign up with them or go through steps on their website to authorize direct connect.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Thanks @Quicken Kristina, I think what you've decribed is exactly right. When I attempt to connect using Union - Quicken, I'm prompted for different credentials than those for Express Web Connect, and the Direct Connect credentials don't work — which is odd because I'm sure that's how I was connected before.

I'll reach out to Union Bank support to get this sorted out.

Charlie

This discussion has been closed.