How do I edit a processed QuickPay transaction?

Jim13@
Jim13@ Member ✭✭✭

I submitted a QuickPay payment to a biller for the full amount. However, somehow my biller and the bank have a transaction only for the minimum amount due. My first question would be why that happened but, more importantly, how do I edit the transaction in Quicken that's in a Paid status for the full amount? When I try to edit the amount paid, it tells me I have to cancel the transaction. I can't cancel the transaction because Quicken says it's already been paid. Suggestions? Thank you!

Best Answer

• Jim13@
    Jim13@ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I figured out how to force delete the transaction. I held CTRL+SHIFT while going through the normal delete process and it removed the transaction.

Answers

• Hello @Jim13@,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If I'm understanding correctly, you scheduled for the full amount, Quicken shows the full amount, but what actually processed through the bank was just the minimum payment and now you're trying to correct the entry in your register to match what actually cleared? If that is the case, it doesn't let you edit the payment amount because it sees it as a transaction that has already happened and instructions already sent. What you will most likely need to do is force delete the transaction, then re-enter the transaction (not marking as QuickPay, or it might think you're trying to send another payment). To force delete an Online Bill Payment, follow these steps:

1. Open the account register with the payment.
    2. Click to select the payment you want to delete.
    3. At the top of the register, click Delete.
    4. At the Delete Current Transaction prompt, click Yes.
    5. Quicken displays a message, "This is an online payment that is due on [payment date]. To delete it, choose Edit menu > Transaction > Cancel Payment, then send it from the Online Center." (The exact wording of this message may vary).
    6. When you see the message described above, press and hold the CTRL key and click OK.
    7. Quicken displays a message, "Do you want to delete the transaction anyway?" (The exact wording of this message may vary). Hold CTRL and click Yes.
    8. If Quicken displays subsequent messages regarding this same payment, hold CTRL and click Yes (or OK).

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim13@
    Jim13@ Member ✭✭✭
    Hi @Quicken Kristina

You described my issue exactly but the solution does not work. After I click delete on the transaction and then Yes to delete, the pop-up message is "This payment must be canceled before you can delete it." When I press and hold CTRL and OK, it goes away and nothing happens, I don't get the "Do you want to delete the transaction anyway?" prompt.
  • Jim13@
    Jim13@ Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I figured out how to force delete the transaction. I held CTRL+SHIFT while going through the normal delete process and it removed the transaction.
  • Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear you were able to delete that transaction.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.