How do I eliminate duplicate montly Bill and Income Reminders in Quicken Deluxe Windows R48.15

Options

I have reminders for monthly utility bills that are paid via credit card. I also have monthly reminders for the credit card payment. The Monthly Bills & Deposits report shows the current monthly payment to the credit card (that includes last month's utility bills) as well as the current utility bill, essentially doubling the amount of those monthly utility bills. Is there a way to set up those types of payment reminders to eliminate the duplicate payments in the report?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Edward Daurora,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Based on what you're describing, it sounds like you have everything set up correctly. The utility bill reminder shows you what the utility bill will be charging to your card. Since its charging it to a credit card, that's still money you owe, just to the credit card company rather than the utility company.

The reminder for your credit card then shows what you will be paying to the card. Is the account you use to pay the credit card bill in your Quicken? If so, do you have the payments to the card recorded as a transfer?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Edward Daurora
    Edward Daurora Member ✭✭
    Options
    Kristina, thanks for getting back to me. Yes, all of my accounts are in Quicken. Most of the credit card payments show as transfers from my checking account in the Bills and Income Reminders Monthly Bills & Deposits tab; however, some show as payments. I'll correct them to all be transfers and see if that helps.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.