Can no longer "Recategorize" transactions within the "Itemized Category Report"

drjosy610
drjosy610 Member ✭✭
Here's the issue..., when you are in the Itemized Category Report, and you highlight the line item(s) whose category (categories) you want to change, you right click, then there is a pop up to "Recategorize transaction(s)". When you select this and choose OK, nothing happens.

I know I can go into the register and change the category of each transaction individually, but that is both a hassle and very time consuming.

I have been using this very same feature every year for many years (around tax time) and never had a problem. For the last few months, it no longer works. I spoke with 2 Tech Support people today, but they apparently have very limited knowledge of the software, and when you get specific with them, incredibly, "the server is down", and they can't help you.

I've seen other people complain about this same issue, and there are still no solutions.

This is a very important feature and convenience for Quicken users (especially around tax time). C'mon Quicken, let's get a solution already.

(and yes, I've both "Validated and Repaired" and I also "updated" through my online Quicken account today 03/19/23.

I'm currently using:
Quicken Deluxe for Windows
Version R48.9
Build 27.1.48.9

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I have definitely seen other reports of the recategorization not working.

Curious, though, why do your transactions need to be recategorized? Is your renaming rules and memorized transactions not correctly the first time?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• drjosy610
    drjosy610 Member ✭✭
    I usually end up recatagorizing transactions that show as "uncatagorized income" or "uncatagorized expenses" at the end of the year. I also use it to change certain categories so they are more accurate for tax reporting.
  • I'm having the same problem. A workaround would be helpful.

• KenAtl
    KenAtl Member
    edited April 2023

[Removed - Rant]

• gsquaredmarg
    gsquaredmarg Member ✭✭
    I have this same issue and it is extremely frustrating. It used to work perfectly and for the last several months not so.

I'll refrain from my rant and plead: Please, Quicken, help us!
  • ks426
    ks426 Member ✭✭
    I am having this same issue - Recategorize is greyed out and not an option anymore. I use it, too for uncategorized transactions!
  • Platinum Platypus
    Platinum Platypus Member ✭✭
    The two workarounds I use are;
    1) using search and replace. sort the results window to get an easily selectable block of transactions.
    2) using the register. sort the register, select transactions of interest, right-click, choose "attach category", chose the category to change the selected transactions to.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2023

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, screenshots, and a sanitized file attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.