Most recent download and update is not corresponding with current date.

pt216
pt216 Member ✭✭
Friday, April 14, 2023. On Quickens home page next to update now, the last updated direct connect connection log is almost 10 days old, the most recent download and update is not corresponding with current date.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

It sounds like the runtime.dat file issue I'd had a couple of weeks ago. For me (and others) the runtime.dat file had become corrupted. You can do a search of Community and you will find a number of posts about this issue.

The fix is not complex but if you have a lot of EWC/EWC+ accounts it can take a little bit (not a huge amount) of time to complete: Delete the runtime.dat file and run OSU which will recreate the runtime.dat file. For most, this process will immediately fix all DC accounts but most of the EWC/EWC+ accounts will also need to have Reset Account done to fix the issue. A few of the EWC/EWC+ accounts would not fix with Reset Account and needed to be Deactivated/Reactivated.

You can review the entire step-by-step process posted in this thread: Re: Time date stamp [of last account update].

I suggest you try doing this. Let me know the results.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac

For the account(s) in question, have you tried to do Reset Account or tried to Deactivate the account(s) and then Set Up Now (or Add Account)?

• pt216
    pt216 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    All of the accounts are updating no issue there, just the date is not current. Been here before with Reset Account, or tried to Deactivate the account(s) and then Set Up Now and that was a disaster, even had a current backup ready to go, the problem is date is not the account updates.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

It sounds like the runtime.dat file issue I'd had a couple of weeks ago. For me (and others) the runtime.dat file had become corrupted. You can do a search of Community and you will find a number of posts about this issue.

The fix is not complex but if you have a lot of EWC/EWC+ accounts it can take a little bit (not a huge amount) of time to complete: Delete the runtime.dat file and run OSU which will recreate the runtime.dat file. For most, this process will immediately fix all DC accounts but most of the EWC/EWC+ accounts will also need to have Reset Account done to fix the issue. A few of the EWC/EWC+ accounts would not fix with Reset Account and needed to be Deactivated/Reactivated.

You can review the entire step-by-step process posted in this thread: Re: Time date stamp [of last account update].

I suggest you try doing this. Let me know the results.

• pt216
    pt216 Member ✭✭
    Thank you Boatnmaniac for a solution to this time date stamp runtime.dat file corruption.
  • Boatnmaniac

You are welcome. Did the process fix the corruption issue for you?

This discussion has been closed.