Problem w/ New USAA Connection

Options
JCAegis
JCAegis Member ✭✭

Ever since updating my USAA connection a month or two ago, I get crazy download results. The downloads overwrite old transactions, changing them to transfers to other accounts, screwing up accounts all over the place and forcing new and varied "balance adjustment" entries to keep my account up to date. Happens over and over. Just when I think I have it right, bam, it does it again, forcing me to trace changes back over weeks and sometimes months.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @JCAegis,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When the issue started, did you try recovering from a backup and reauthorizing again in the restored backup? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C: drive, is it on a shared network drive, or synced with a cloud backup service (such as One Drive or Dropbox)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• buoy0248
    buoy0248 Member
    Options

Same issue here. Have tried restoring several times, using different strategies with the resulting downloaded transactions (accepting, deleting, etc.). Nothing seems to prevent the scrambling of my data—destroys data from years ago—dozens and dozens of mangled records.

• JCAegis
    JCAegis Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

I did save from a backup before the issue started, downloaded, reconciled, and then the issue repeated again.

The file is on my C: drive. It's not synced with anything.

Perhaps of note, the "Check #" column is being populated with '0' in numerous transactions. It seems to be those transactions that are mucked with. It changes reconciled transfers from one account to another, screwing up both accounts. It's become a complete headache having to try and reconcile these issues on a weekly basis.

It is happening ONLY with my USAA accounts. I have dozens of other accounts, including many web connect accounts and this is the only one. It never happened until the recent changes to USAA access…

Thanks,
    Jason

• JCAegis
    JCAegis Member ✭✭
    Options

BTW, did it again, today and caused $5K error in my checking account.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for providing more detail,

What you are describing is a known issue, but was previously seen only in Quicken for Mac. Would you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached so we can look into this further?

Please note that you will not receive a response when you submit log files, but these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

Thank you.

(Ticket #10077015/CTP-6027)

Quicken Kristina

• JCAegis
    JCAegis Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem reported. Thanks.

• JCAegis
    JCAegis Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina, any update on this? I finally just disconnected as it was too frustrating always having to go in on a search-and-rescue mission for all of the randomly changed transactions…

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi @JCAegis , We hope to have this resolved in a future release. We do not have an ETA at this time. We appreciate your patience.

Quicken Janean

• chiefek1952
    chiefek1952 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue with USAA, I pay you to fix this and itis nor my responsibility to find a solution. I have 3 USAA Accounts, the only way I can get accurate information is to delete the account, add it, and then put in pending charges. YOU need to figure out the issue and fix it!
  • artleach
    artleach Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. The amount of the error changes every day. It can require an additional deposit or an additional withdrawal. Either way it doesn't balance. I keep a running "Quicken Errors" transaction and change it daily so my account will reconcile. Like others, I'm getting very frustrated having to deal with this every day. I would love to see Quicken take responsibility for fixing an error that's been present for nearly 3 months.
This discussion has been closed.