Uploading of Receipts to Cloud - How the heck Can You Stop this?

Options

I think it is the height of tone deafness to not have a feature to disllow the automatic uploading of receipts to cloud. I DO NT WANT THAT. Sync if OFF and it still merrily continues to upload.

In the R49.22 27.1.49.22 it has made it even harder to delete from cloud and it is buggy. After attaching a receipt which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't you have to find those three little dots and then try and delete. Sometimes it will and more often than not it will delete the entire receipt and not just from cloud. Then you click done and the recipot is gone! Yes, gone. The whole stupid process strats again.

A company with a product for the mass consumer so insensitive to this is mind boggling.

I know the answer but perhaps there is something that can be done other than installing the program on a computer that is NOT connected to the internet and only connect once a year for license renewal. Don't know ifd that will work either.

I am so desperate for an answer. Anyone?

P.S. There isn't even a "tag" for specifically this issue! Wow!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @ASC53,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

A work around that may be less annoying that deleting attachments from the cloud 1 by 1 is to delete your cloud account. It will get recreated when you do a one step update, so its not a permanent fix; its just a way to remove everything all at once.

First, please proceed to save a backup. From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Make sure to have mobile & web turned on for the new file. Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.