How can I delete a transaction that shows a Send status, but has already been paid?

I have a payment transaction in my register that is stuck in Send mode and will not resolve. The payment was received by the vendor and shows paid from my banking online account. When I try to Delete it from the Quicken register, I'm told it is an online payment that has to be canceled. When I try to Cancel the Payment, it says I can't because it has already been processed. I spent a hour on the Chat with a representative who said I have to delete the scheduled biller from Bills and Income, and then I will be able to delete the transaction and then reschedule the bill. But that isn't working either. Help?

Answers

• Hello @Orrmarkd,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To force delete a transaction that has already been processed by your financial institution but seems to be stuck in Quicken, follow these steps from support article GEN82230:

1. Open the account register to select the unsent payment.
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click the Delete button on that transaction.
    3. Keep CTRL + Shift held down while responding to all messages.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Orrmarkd
    Orrmarkd Member

Thank you—that did the trick!

• Thank you for your response,

I'm glad to hear you were finally able to delete that transaction.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.