Budgets went missing after update (Windows)

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Budgets Missing.
Tagged:

Comments

• psycholane
    psycholane Member

I just lost all my budgets as well. They were there this morning.

• psycholane
    psycholane Member

It seems to have updated a new look today, so that may be the reason I lost my budgets. Did the newest update happen to knock out all previous budgets? I had several.

If so, do I just need to restore from a backup file to get my budgets back, or will they show up again soon if I leave it alone?

• Hello @psycholane,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Did this happen immediately after your Quicken program updated to a new version, or did it happen after running One Step Update, or at some other time? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)?  The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Do you have sync with Mobile & Web turned on, or is it off? You can check that by going to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• psycholane
    psycholane Member

I do the Update every time I open Quicken on my laptop, so I don't know if it happened right after the update or after the OneStep I clicked. I am always synced with Quicken Mobile and Web. In fact, I still had the budgets on my mobile app until I closed out quicken and synced it when I closed. Then I lost the budgets on my app as well.

As for where my file is located, it is on my C drive on my laptop. I don't link it to any cloud. I do however back up my data occasionally, so my last backup was the beginning of April. When I do the dropdown from the File, there is only one location available, not 4.

This is the location:

C:\Users\Tracy\Documents\Quicken\Tracy's Quicken Data

• psycholane
    psycholane Member

I actually see a file on my C drive under Quicken for backup that was just last week. Should I go into that file somehow?

• psycholane
    psycholane Member

Thank you Kristina! I called the Quicken Tech support and Aaron walked me through how to restore a recent backup of my data. All the budgets were there and I know do the restore again in the future should this happen again.

I am writing this here in case a future person needs this information.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.