Tax Planner seems to use incorrect threshold for capital gains calculation.

Options
G.2
G.2 Member ✭✭
I have been trying to use the tax planner for a couple of scenarios, and it seems to use the wrong taxable income threshold for its capital gains calculations.

It's set for tax year 2023 (threshold of $44,625), but it is actually using the threshold from 2022 (threshold of $41,675).

Is there any way to change this?
Tagged:

Comments

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I concur and confirm the threshold is also incorrect for married filing jointly so they probably missed updating the whole set of Capital Gains/QDI brackets.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I have heard thru the grapevine that the LTCG/QDI rate thresholds will be updated with 2023 values in the next release. The marginal rate calculation will also be fixed and in the process of working on this issue they found/fixed one of the causes of tax planner buggy behavior.

This discussion has been closed.