Duplicate Bills Created for Chase eBills

After setting up eBills for my Chase Credit Cards, three of the four accounts show two identical transactions on the upcoming Bills page. I unlinked, deleted series, and re-added the bill with the same result. Also disconnected the accounts and set them up again with no change. Any ideas?

Answers

• Hello @BillyBoy88,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue start? Do you keep your file on your hard drive, or is it on a shared network drive? Is it synchronized with any cloud service, such as iCloud or Dropbox? The simplest way to check your file location, if Quicken is open, is to go to File>Show "File Name" in Finder. It will bring up a Finder window with the file highlighted. You can hold the Option key to see the file path.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta

@BillyBoy88

Did you by any chance set up a payment for the credit card as a transfer. In other words were the Chase card and the bank payment connected by category or transfer. I believe what is happening, the two records in Bills & Income reflect the expected payment from the bank and the other the expected receipt to the credit card. I have experienced the same "problem" but do not see it anymore.

• BillyBoy88
    BillyBoy88 Member ✭✭

SOLVED! Thanks jobworker for your assistance. The issue is with transfer payments. Turns out that when a new transfer is created with $0 in the amount, two Bills will be created one for each part of the transfer. The easy workaround is to "Edit All Instances…" of the bill and put anything in the amount and voila we are back to one Bill. Over to Quicken to decide if this is a bug or a feature.

This discussion has been closed.