Quicken Canada won't download from BMO - W11 v. 49.22

carolequirk
carolequirk Member

Got a new Dell PC with W11. It will download most transactions but not BMO chequing and Mastercard. The older PCs with earlier versions of Quicken and W10, WILL download those transactions.

We push these transactions from the bank website as One Step Update has never been able to reach these transactions. It works fine for investment accounts.

Anybody seen this behaviour and know what the solution is?

Comments

• carolequirk
    carolequirk Member

Quicken v. 49.22

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @carolequirk,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are you getting any error messages when you try to import those transactions? If not, what is happening?

If this issue started immediately after you updated your Quicken on that computer, have you tried reinstalling the update patch?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• carolequirk
    carolequirk Member

There are no error messages - it just doesn't download transactions from BMO chequing and Mastercard.

It's hard to say when it started happening. The PC that is acting up is a brand new Windows 11 model. Quicken was downloaded straight from the Quicken webpage. I honestly don't know if it updated itself after the download.

W11 OTOH has updated itself a bunch but it's not clear if Quicken worked before updates.

I didn't install the mondo patch - I figured if I download from the Quicken site I would get the latest version. Speaking of versions, my Quicken says it v 49.22. The mondo patch lists the highest CDN version is 48.15. 49.22 is an American version. Clue? I may have downloaded the wrong version? About Quicken for 49.22 says it's a Canadian version.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Thank you for your reply,

If you accidentally downloaded the US version, that could cause the issue. You can use the link in this article to download and install the Canadian version of Quicken on that computer.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

Assuming that you don't have the US version or you get that matter sorted out and still have an issue with BMO, pay careful attention to which BMO you are choosing when you set up One Step Update. There is a long running issue with branding for BMO. If you have had a BMO account for many years, it may, for example, be accessible for downloads only if you choose the "Mosaik" option. The Mosaik brand was retired several years ago, but it seems that some BMO accounts are tied to that brand in Quicken. I've asked Quicken to get this cleaned up several times and Quicken claims that they can't do anything - apparently it is a BMO issue. Regardless, you might find you have success simply choosing one of the other BMO options. It is unfortunate that some trial and error might be required.

If this is helpful, please mark it accordingly.

• carolequirk
    carolequirk Member

I'll check to make sure what brand is the account. However, this installation is a clone of one that has been working for years and is still working on other installations.

• Arctic Hare

It's not about the "installation" it is choosing between the various flavours of BMO that it offers to you. This is not the only possible cause of the issue, but as soon as I see BMO Mastercard, it throws a caution flag for this potential issue.

• carolequirk
    carolequirk Member

The chequing account that won't download (on Windows 11) is from BMO Bank of Montreal and the credit card is from BMO Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C. These DO download on the Windows 10 machines.

• Arctic Hare

And my BMO Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C downloads fine on my Win 11 machine. Win 10 / 11 is not the issue. You clearly have an issue with the version of Quicken installed as the Canadian version you reported doesn't exist (yet).

• carolequirk
    carolequirk Member

Can I download an earlier version of Quicken and install it over the newer version?

• Arctic Hare

I recommend that, at this point, you contact Quicken phone support and get assistance with uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken to ensure that you full resolve the mixed version issue.

• carolequirk
    carolequirk Member

I downloaded an earlier version of QW and it seems to work. How I got v 49.15 when 48.22 is the highest v. is beyond me.

This discussion has been closed.