Reconciliation Issues with latest Quicken update

sucoller
sucoller Member

Ever since the latest update, I can't reconcile my accounts. The update will download transactions for all accounts, however after accepting each transaction and clicking "Done" the red flag does not go away. I then reconcile the account, and the transactions show a "R", but again the red flag indicating there are still downloaded but unaccepted transactions is still there. And if I close Quicken and reopen it, all the transactions are there as if I never accepted them. Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @sucoller,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. To troubleshoot the issue, you will want to follow the steps from this article.

First, you will want to change the automatic entry settings for the affected accounts. Since you're mentioning seeing a red flag, I'm assuming you have automatic entry turned off right now. Since you said this is happening with multiple accounts, the simplest way to change the setting will be going to Edit>Preferences>Downloaded Transactions and putting a check in the Automatically add to banking registers checkbox. Click OK to save the change.

Close Quicken, wait a few seconds, then re-open it. The transactions should be in your register upon re-opening Quicken. You can change the settings back after this step.

If the issue still persists after that, you would want to go to Tools>Online Center to see if there are any transactions there that aren't pulling into your register. You would select the proper account(s) from the drop down.

If transactions are listed, click the Compare to Register button.

If the issue persists after that, you would want to follow the article's instructions to Validate or Restore from a backup as appropriate.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.