Bill reminder dates are changing from Qtrly 1st to 31st

Hello, I have a quarterly bill reminder set up in Quicken for the beginning of each quarter (Jan. 1, April 1, etc.). The date keeps on changing to the 31st each time I exit Quicken and go back in. I tried deleting the bill reminder and adding a new one, but the same thing happens with the new one. I'm on the latest release of Quicken for Windows (R49.29).

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Jpyrz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did the issue start happening?  Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc?  Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What frequency is used in this reminder? Monthly, every 3 months on the 1st day or Quarterly?
    What is the number of days defined in "remind me [xx] days in advance"? Or is it set to "Auto enter [xx] days in advance"?

• Jpyrz
    Jpyrz Member

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but it's been an issue for a long time now. I keep my file in a Trend Micro vault and always copy it to my desktop before I open Quicken. I checked the last 4 file locations in Quicken; the first one is showing it on my desktop, but out of my One Drive.

As far as the reminder, it's set up as a quarterly reminder with the start date on the 1st. The number of days to remind me is 3 days in advance. I'll try deleting that reminder and set up a new one using every three months instead of quarterly.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep my file in a Trend Micro vault and always copy it to my desktop before I open Quicken. I checked the last 4 file locations in Quicken; the first one is showing it on my desktop, but out of my One Drive.

I don't think it's necessary to keep the QDF file in a separate vault. The file already is encrypted, you know.
    The QDF file also should not be kept in a folder where it can or will be accessed by OneDrive while Quicken is running. Move it elsewhere or configure OneDrive to NOT access the QDF file. You can configure the backups created by Quicken to be sent to a OneDrive folder which in turn is sent to the OneDrive cloud.

This discussion has been closed.