Trouble downloading transactions

Options
RickMarinelli
RickMarinelli Member ✭✭

During the process of linking accounts to online downloads Quicken prompts me to create an additional offline account called "Checking".  If I try to rename it from "Checking" to the name I have always used for the account, it tells me the name is already in use.

I have had this account linked for years, and my credit union tells me nothing has changed on their end. Quicken telephone support tells me that the credit union must not allow linking. I can download transactions manually.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @RickMarinelli,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order to better assist you further, could you please provide the name of the financial institution you are experiencing this with?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

During the process of linking accounts to online downloads Quicken prompts me to create an additional offline account called "Checking". If I try to rename it from "Checking" to the name I have always used for the account, it tells me the name is already in use.

That seems to indicate that Quicken still thinks, the account with "the name I have always used" is still connected for downloading, perhaps incorrectly linked to another account at this bank.

I would suggest that you deactivate ALL accounts with this bank, including any old, long closed and forgotten accounts which might still be activated.
    When done deactivating all accounts close Quicken and restart it.
    Now create a backup of your data file.
    Use the Add Accounts process ("+" icon in the Accounts Sidebar title) to reactivate all your accounts with this bank. In the list of accounts found at the bank, very carefully review each of the listed accounts. Click the Add / Link choice to select Link and, in a small popup select the correct account register to link to. If you make a mistake and cross-link accounts incorrectly, you may have to restore your file from the backup you have just taken, to undo the mess.

• RickMarinelli
    RickMarinelli Member ✭✭
    Options

Transportation Federal Credit Union.

I have used one-step update to download transactions for this account for many years. The customer service representative at the credit union tells me nothing has changed at their end.

• RickMarinelli
    RickMarinelli Member ✭✭
    Options

All of the accounts I have had had already been deactivated. When I try to add the account, Quicken recognizes my credit union as online, but still tries to get me to add an offline account.

This discussion has been closed.