Venmo account requires that I enter a security code every time I connect

Brian Biggs
Brian Biggs Member ✭✭✭✭

I found previous discussions on this, but wanted to confirm what I'm seeing.

Every time I connect to a Venmo account in Quicken, I am forced to send a verification to the phone number associated with that account and enter it before Quicken will continue. This happens for an account I connected to Venmo recently (last 2-3 weeks).

I already have 2 separate Venmo accounts connected to Quicken that have been linked for many months. They both have phone numbers associated with them in Venmo, and I do NOT get prompted by Quicken every time for those accounts.

Is there a way to fix this? Is this a bug? Is there a hidden setting on my Venmo account or in Quicken to avoid this? I haven't been able to find one.

Thanks!

Quicken Deluxe, Version R49.29, Build 27.1.49.29
Windows 10 Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2965)

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a Venmo setting on your acct. Take it up with Venmo. Q is merely relaying a message from Venmo and can't correct it.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭

RE: I already have 2 separate Venmo accounts connected to Quicken that have
    been linked for many months. They both have phone numbers associated
    with them in Venmo, and I do NOT get prompted by Quicken every time for
    those accounts.

Consider yourself lucky and enjoy it! Yes, Venmo used to download without requiring 2FA / SMS verification, but they made some changes that impacted the authorization behavior about a year or so ago. Back then I made multiple calls to Venmo and finally got hold of a knowledgeable person at Venmo who was also a Quicken user and confirmed this. (rest of them didn't know what I was talking about).

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

This might help …
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    • Click the "Sign in as a different user" link on the right side.
    • Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your existing Quicken ID.

This discussion has been closed.