Disappearing reconciled transactions

Over the last year I have had random reconciled transactions deleted. This last month I was reconciling 5 accounts and 4 of them had the wrong reconciled balances. I had to search for over 2 hours to find the missing transactions. They went back as far as April of 2021. This is beyond frustrating. I see other threads of this happening and it says its closed and there is no solution. Does any one know why this keeps happening and what can I do to stop if from happening?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @The SHACK,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• The SHACK
    The SHACK Member

I did Super Validate and it says there are no errors. Not sure what else to try.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Thank you for following up.

Next, I suggest that you restore a backup that was saved prior to this issue occurring to restore any of the missing data. Then, turn off mobile sync to see if that may help prevent the issue from reoccurring going forward. 

Once you've restored the backup, please follow the instructions provided below to turn off mobile sync.

1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Turn Sync OFF. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• novare
    novare Member ✭✭

Same issue. Been going on for a couple of weeks.

Download and reconcile paychecks (setup as paychecks from the paycheck wizard) They are reminder transactions that have been entered into the register and accepted when the corresponding bank transaction is downloaded.

Backups saved. Go about paying bills, reconciling other accounts and suddenly on or two paychecks is completely gone and the reminder (under tools) only shows the next instance.

Restoring from backup does restore the missing paychecks - but they will then vanish randomly when I tend to other Quicken activities.

They will suddenly be gone from the register where they were entered and no longer show up in my budget.

It does no appear to be connected to transaction downloads.

I've attempted validate/super validate, no errors but still have this issue.

Clearly appears to be a bug, a pretty bad one.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@novare Paychecks are currently broken. Search this forum for "paycheck corruption" or "paychecks disappear" and you'll see plenty of results.

I suggest you get rid of the recurring paycheck transaction and use a generic split transaction instead.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• xmonti
    xmonti Member

I am having issues as well. It seems like every time it wants to do an update (which is about everytime I log in), then I download transactions, my reconciliation is off, even though the the transactions match up. It is getting to the point I am wondering if I should try a different product instead of Quicken.

• novare
    novare Member ✭✭
    Rocket J Squirrel - Thank you for letting me know. This is very frustrating - I had been using split transactions for paychecks but found that I was unable to cleanly reflect the net pay in my budget under planning using that method so I converted my paycheck and my wife's to a "paycheck" using the paycheck wizard, the wizard is now looking more like a dunce. I've been using Quicken for years and never used the budget function. I need it now and it's clunky and appears to have numerous bugs. Any relief in sight?
  • Samiller34
    Samiller34 Member

This is happening to me all the time now too. So frustrating. It's not me - it's the "new and improved" quicken. Also….I have transactions that are on, say May's bank statement, with a May date in the register, but they don't show up on my May Bank Reconciliation transactions because Quicken has labeled it with a JUNE posting date. And there is no way to change the posting date OR get those transaction's on my Bank Rec page to include. Please Quicken - fix what you broke.

• Wylierider
    Wylierider Member ✭✭

Me too! Nearly every reconcile, a few different things happen: (1) The Quicken opening balance is wayyyyy off (like at least $15,000 off) but the debit and credit totals are correct; (2) the reconcilation screen will not "see/recognize" already posted transactions that perfectly match with the paper statement. For that, I have to recreate a 100% duplication transaction, delete the original, and then I can mark that "new" transaction as reconciled. I have 17 accounts—I do not have time for this crap. I've run Validate and Super Validate but there are no errors.

This discussion has been closed.