E*Trade not Downloading

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken and Etrade Not Working.

Comments

• Eric2825MN
    Eric2825MN Member ✭✭

I'd like to add my situation to this tread which is more bizarre: we have two e*trade accounts, both have been using 2FA (by hardware token) when logging into e*trade website. I forgot what I did when setting the two accounts up in QW but Quicken has been able to download all transactions for both accounts without any issues - until 2 days ago when one of the tokens expired. Instead of requesting a new token, I decided to switch to VIP Access Mobile app. Now I can't download data of that account via One-step-update! What made the whole thing more interesting is: I can go to E*Trade directly from Quicken using the same 2FA login! Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to make one step update work again with this account? Thanks!

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Eric2825MN,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Are you getting any error messages or codes when trying to update the account in Quicken? It sounds like the issue coincides with when you changed your authentication method; have you tried resetting your account in Quicken? To do that, you would first backup your Quicken file. Then, go to Tools>Account List and click the Edit button next to the account. Click on the Online Services tab. Click the Reset Account button and follow any prompts that come up.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Eric2825MN
    Eric2825MN Member ✭✭
    Kristina: reset account doesn't work since it requires login first. The error message is OL-332-A. Please let me know if there are other workarounds for the issue. Thanks.
  • Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

It is possible that the 2 factor authentication method isn't compatible with Quicken. It sounds like you're getting roadblocked when you get a login prompt? What is happening when you try to login? Are you getting a prompt for 2 factor authentication, or are you just putting in your login then getting the error?

The troubleshooting article for that error message recommends that you verify you have the correct login information stored in your Quicken. To check the customer ID, go to Tools>Account List, click Edit next to the account you need to check, and on the General tab, it should show the customer ID you have stored.

Once you have verified the customer ID is correct, you can update the password by starting One Step Update, skip the password vault, then manually fill in the password for the account. If that allows you to connect successfully, then you would want to go to Tools>Password Vault>Add or Edit Passwords to correct the password you have stored.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Eric2825MN
    Eric2825MN Member ✭✭
    Kristina: my problem is solved! The issue is not with the Customer ID which was never changed. I ended up by deleting the password in QW and re-entered/saved it. And it worked! My experience now tells me that the 2FA should be "ignored" in QW download, meaning only the main password be entered/saved. If you'd like to login to E*Trade website from QW, however, you'll still have to use 2FA. Hope this is useful to your other customers as well. Thanks for your patience.
  • Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved, and thank you for updating us on what fixed the issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.