Missing Cash Position from Ameritrade Accounts

Options
Flightlead
Flightlead Member
edited July 2023 in Investing (Mac)

None of my Ameritrade accounts, including both institutional and not, show the cash positions. Other positions show just fine.

Why is this and how can I correct it?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Flightlead,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with Ameritrade? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. How long has this been occurring? Did Quicken show the cash position previously?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Flightlead
    Flightlead Member
    Options

This is a new install. I have 5 accounts under the Ameritrade "advisor client" institutional banner. Those all appear to be working correctly. At least, all show a cash position under holdings (very small couple of bucks).

I have one personal account under Ameritrade. This account is old, has been around probably 20 years. Currently it has ONLY cash in it, around $300k. If I log in to Ameritrade this amount is listed as "cash sweep" on the details page.

In quicken I just did an "update login" under account settings⇒downloads and verified I can connect correctly and all appears fine. When I did this, very briefly, I thought I saw it actually flash "balance" with the correct value during the download. However all the cards etc on the dashboard are empty, there is nothing listed under holdings for cash as it is with my other accounts.

• Flightlead
    Flightlead Member
    Options

Removed account and re-added as "cash" instead of "brokerage" and it seems to be working.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Flightlead,

Thank you for reaching back out to provide more information and update us.

I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out wit any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.