R50.xx - June 2023 Quicken Version Update - Saved Reports issues

Options
denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭

Today I was offered the Qucken June 2023 Software update…I cannot provide the Version because I deleted the Update and re-installed the May 2023 Version. After I installed the June 2023 Update, when I opened one of my SAVED REPORTS…the Report open momentarily and than the report went BLANK…no Data displayed. This same report…I had opened it earlier in the day BEFORE I installed the June 2023 Update and it opened and displayed fine.

I contacted…by phone…Quicken support. The agent said I was the 2nd caller of the day reporting this issue. Her directive was to restore a Backup Data File..and try installing the June 2023 Update…again. That will not be an option for me, my most recent Backup is 2 days Old and since that time I have entered a fair amy on entries…whcih means, I would need to add those entries all over agin in the Backup…and the agent was not even sure using a backup, installing June 2023 would resolve the issue and saved reports would display.

I requested I be transferred to a Supr. The Supr suggested that I use the May 2023 Mono-Patch and re-installed the Last Software Version (May 2023. Doing so, running the May 2023 software version, My Saved Reports opened and displayed fine.

I would assume others have experienced this issue after installing the June 2023 Update?

Quicken has taken on what other Software companies have been following for quite some time, do as little as necessary to see if there are any issues with the new release, but, let our customers be the testers…they will report issues…and of course..I have.

I requested the Supr to report this ASAP so the Develope Team can push out the June 2023 Update without causing the SAVE report issue. I know I can refuse the June 2023 update…but not forever….

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please do HELP, About Quicken. What shows there as your current VERSION? R49.33 is the most current, and can be accessed by doing HELP, Check for Updates

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Just saying the May or June update doesn’t really define the release - as there are from 2 to 5 per month.
    As mentioned- always use the … Help —> About Quicken - when possible

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Would LOVE to provide that June 2023 Version…but since I deleted it to re-install the prior Update (49.33) I cannot even see what the June 2023 Version is…..reseaching the Quicken support site…the June 2023 does NOT even appear. What I re-installed was the May 2023 Update…49.33 (there were 2 Updates released in May 2023). Wondering if Quicken PULLED the June 2023? Update????

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The June R50.5 release may be brand new and in a staged release - and as yet not listed as avail -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• ed1950
    ed1950 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had EXACTLY the same report behavior after installing the June update Version: R50.5, Build: 27.1.50.5. I'll try installing the May update - thanks.

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Software Update I was alerted to Install TODAY, and proceeded to Install…I reviewed its release Notes before running the Update and it displayed JUNE 2023 Update Release. Cannot say if it was R50.5…but it definitely displayed JUNE 2023. After I installed todays Software UPDATE….when I open a Saved report….it displays the report and quicklt disappears…. I would suggest others NOT install this Update until Quicken fixes whatever has caused the Problem with Saved Reports

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, I am sorry for the trouble caused. Can you please go to Help> Report a Problem and submit your logs so we can report this issue to our development team? It would also be helpful if you provide screen shots-if you can, of the report before it disappears and what your screen looks like after it disappears. We want to take care of this as quickly as possible. Additionally, please clarify if you saw this behavior is the previous release you were using. Please let me know when you have submitted your logs so I can report this as quickly and accurately as possible. Thank you.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I used that help message and did report the problem in detail. As I see the problem with that form, there are probably hundreds if not thousands of those kinds of reports back the quicken and who knows what month they'll see my message. So I've given you the details screenshots will certainly not give you any more additional information, please report my details to your source that will get this to the developers much more quickly so they can fix this critical era in this June 2023 software update ASAP. I am now running the 2nd May 2023 release and my reports open just fine. When I was running the June 2023 update, when I opened a saved report, it appeared for a fraction of a second and then disappeared leaving me with a report screen that had no data. So taking any kind of picture would be impossible. Please report this to the development team asap, they should pull this update first of all, look into what's causing the problem, and then reoffer it when it won't cause this reported issue. Thank you

• EhmannS
    EhmannS Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have a related head scratcher ...
    I have two computers in the home running Quicken - one is the master and one is a slave - used as a read-only for reporting.
    The master has updated to version R50.5 while the slave is running R49.33 and when I "check for update" says I am running the latest version. Huh??? Same house, same login credentials, same data file, even same computer model and yet I get this anomaly! Help? Bueller?
  • Q97
    Q97 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @EhmannS New versions are released in phases so not every install gets them at the same time. Once the initial number of upgrades is reached, further upgrades are paused so they can gather feedback and ensure nothing major is broken. If these validations pass, they make the release generally available to all.
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi All, This issue has been reported and is being looked into. Please stay tuned. We also have an alert where you can keep an eye out for updates. (CTP-6908)

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pt109
    pt109 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

When I update my quicken it went to B60.3 release 27.2.60.3. Never received R50 version.

Have to manual syce the system before I exit the program.

Also, the automatic entry in the calendar keeps changing back to the reminder.

This gets frustrating when you testing and using the shstem daily.

Paul Tetley'

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

@pt109 - sure you don’t mean R50.8 -

Or - are you referring to a BETA release that probably isn’t discussed in this public section

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had the disappearing REPORTS issue with whatever the Version Update prior to this one (50.8)…I intalled 50.8 and my reports are Fine…they are not disappearing

This discussion has been closed.