Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Options

Comments

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, we reported this issue with our team and created a new ticket. Thank you for sharing this feedback. We do not have an ETA at this time for a fix. Please stay tuned. (CTP-6996).

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I would like to know why Quicken support has not responded to this string of complaints yet. A little encouragement could go a long way.

• lorenG
    lorenG Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem and have for a few weeks now. Version 50.8 Windows 11.

• lorenG
    lorenG Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue with me.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    It's happening to Windows 10 and Windows 11 users. Interesting.
  • JohnSnow
    JohnSnow Member ✭✭
    Options

Just chiming in….. same as others. Started about a month and a half. Thought it was an issue with the software. Uninstalled, reinstalled, restored, resetup everything, re-checked auto enter, just to see all the auto enter be reverted. Confirmed like others, if I do a sync to the cloud it reverts that option back to manual. I really, FINALLY got use to use the app and syncing the transactions to the program…..Submitted a ticket and turned off sync :-(

….. would be nice if @Quicken Anja can pass along a discount, next year free for the issues. Some of us have spent HOURS re-entering, reinstalling, spending time on tech support with no actual message going out to customers about the problem. Change mgmt, DEVOps I know is part of Quicken…… this is a opportunity to not make this mistake again.

• Jayayuu
    Jayayuu Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is also happening to me. All my bills are set to automatically enter into the register, but they have all magically changed to remind me in 3 days and then sit in the reminder queue waiting for an action from me. Currently those that I need to enter are showing "overdue". This is so frustrating. Quicken please fix this bug.
  • Jim557
    Jim557 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've had the same issues and it's becoming quite annoying. The quality of this program has gone downhill over the past year or so.
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have been reporting this issue to Quicken as a problem and dealing with it for 2 years. There are several community posts under different titles that complain of this problem. Based on experience a quick resolution to this issue would surprise me.

• Karen F
    Karen F Member
    Options

I also have lost quite a bit of time restoring backups, and resetting my reminders to auto, as the first support article I found on this issue led me to believe it was a data corruption issue. Since I found this thread, I called support and jumped through many hoops to prove it was this issue. I now have sync turned off, so my reminders don't keep changing, but the result is that I can't use the mobile app at all, which I use quite a bit to enter receipts.

I have been using Quicken for 27+ years, and I am now so disillusioned and frustrated. I wish Quicken would provide more transparency on the issue. Is it currently being worked on? What is the priority? Has the technical reason for the issue been identified? Is there an ETA for a fix?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Ron S - I have been reporting this issue to Quicken as a problem and dealing with it for 2 years. 

you’ve actually been dealing with this exact same Reminder problem for 2 years - when it only appears to have surfaced in the last couple of Quicken updates -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not true, there are several other posts under different titles that address this issue.

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    In addition to what I have already reported, in my Bill and Income Reminders I have a transaction that shows up and I'm asked whether I would like to schedule it. I click "No" and Quicken states that it will no longer remind me to schedule that transaction. The next time I open Bill and Income Reminders I am asked again if I want to schedule the transaction that I've already said "No" to scheduling. Back when this problem began, I reconciled my checking account and had to manually match the transaction in question. I hope this helps resolve the problem. Just for the record, I started using Quicken back in 1992 when it came on floppy disks.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It’s time for Quicken to come to the rescue, because it’s just getting worse

• Kelly Gulutz
    Kelly Gulutz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, not only did my auto enter reminders change to manual, but all of them changed from twice a month to monthly. PLEASE FIX THIS NOW!
  • JimWMart
    JimWMart Member ✭✭
    Options
    Reminders defaults back to "Remind me about this bill" after having set the reminder to "Automatically enter the bill" after the set number of days. Even after changing back to automatically enter. A reminder will randomly reset itself to "reminder"
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LonPribble
    LonPribble Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just tried the work around suggested earlier in the thread and it did not work for me. Come on Quicken -- need to get this one fixed this summer! Please?
  • Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Turning off Cloud Sync worked. Will be happy when I can use Quicken Online and the mobile app again.
  • jjulius
    jjulius Member ✭✭
    Options

Turning off cloud synch did not work for me. Every auto entry returns to Upcoming. 8 keystrokes to reset for dozens of entries. This is beyond frustrating. Maybe Quicken can hire someone who knows code?

• Todd Bachamp
    Todd Bachamp Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm currently running Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property version R50.8 Build 27.1.50.8 on Windows 10 and am experiencing the same issue. All of my bills I had set to automatically enter are now set to be reminders.

• mikn67
    mikn67 Member ✭✭
    Options

I' was pointed to this thread a few days ago after posting my own comment in a different thread. I've implemented all the suggestions I've come across; I've validated my file, I've Super validated my file, and shut down the program for 5 minutes. I turned off cloud syncing and then went back to setting my 30+ memorized transactions back to auto-enter. This morning I opened Quicken only to be greeted by my memorized bills and income reset to remind me again. This is frustrating.
    Additionally, it seems the issue regarding auto-enter transactions set to enter at 30-day intervals being automatically skipped is still a thing. However, I digress. That's a different thread altogether.

• denksei
    denksei Member
    Options

I'm on Windows 10 and have a subscription to Quicken. I'm on Version R50.8.

In the last month, I've noticed that a number of my 'Auto Enter' entries reverted to 'Remind Me' status with no action on my part. I updated the entries back to 'Auto Enter' but a day later, it reverted back to 'Remind Me' status. Am I entering things incorrectly? Is there a glitch in the software?

• ChrisNappo
    ChrisNappo Member
    Options

Same issue. Please fix quickly!

• Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quickens silence is deafening!

• jjulius
    jjulius Member ✭✭
    Options

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a Quicken alternative? Windows or cloud. This is just the last of many frustrations

• boulderdean
    boulderdean Member
    Options

I am also experiencing this problem.

• CHARLES BEHRMAN
    CHARLES BEHRMAN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

iAM HAVING SAME PROBLEM

• spkcoil
    spkcoil Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Please Quicken get this problem resolved. Are all the programmers on vacation?

This discussion has been closed.