Delete All Payees - Quicken App

widomj@
widomj@ Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Instead of going through one by one, is there a quick way to reset/delete all the Payees in the Quicken Mobile app? I’ve got duplicates of the same Payees.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello @widomj@,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

We will need some additional information to better assist you further.

Are you seeing these duplicates in your desktop program at all, or only in the mobile app?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓

Hello @widomj@,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

We will need some additional information to better assist you further.

Are you seeing these duplicates in your desktop program at all, or only in the mobile app?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• widomj@

Clarification: By 'duplicates' I mean both exactly the same Payee and also some that have spelling errors. For example: Wegman's vs. Wegmans.

I just want to delete what's in the program and start over.

• Quicken Anja

Are you seeing these duplicates in both the desktop program and the mobile app, or only in the mobile app?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• widomj@

I see 'duplicates' in both desktop and mobile app. Again, they're not identical matches. I'm using duplicate to represent a Payee with an alternate spelling and/or spelling mistake.

See image.

• widomj@

Anja,

I see a completely different list of Payees on desktop and mobile app.

• Quicken Anja

Thank you for your response.

Since the Mobile app is meant to serve as a companion app that mirrors the desktop program, I suggest making your corrections from the desktop program first, and then resetting your cloud data so to get the Mobile app to match the dekstop program.

You can select multiple payees in the Memorized Payees List by holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard.

Then, before resetting the cloud, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.

1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile app
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    6. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    7. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    8. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    9. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    10. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• widomj@
    edited July 2023

Did not work. Followed all instructions.

I deleted all the incorrect spellings on the desktop Quicken. I left one Wegmans. Still shows multiple Wegmans in the app.

• Quicken Anja
    edited July 2023

Thank you for trying those steps, though I apologize that that did not resolve the issue for you.

Since, unfortunately, the previous steps failed, next, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

First, you will then need to sign out of the Quicken Mobile app again, and on your desktop program, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and click on the blue Sync Now button. If successful, sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app to see if this resolved the issue. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

If that fails or you prefer to have assistance, then I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone in case you may need more extensive troubleshooting. They also have the ability to screen share with you if you're comfortable doing so.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.