Cannot Download from Accounts with Multiple Financial Institutions

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: One Step Update Updates Only 1 Account.

Comments

• jdkent
    jdkent Member
    Options

I cannot download my accounts from AmEx, BofA, Chase, etc. I have been suing Quickend since it came out and have never had this issue. I have tried to download through OneStep update, individually, and gone through a reset each account….. Still nothing…..

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jdkent,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this affecting all of your accounts, or just some of them? How long has this been going on? Which version of Quicken were you using when the issue started? Are you getting any error messages and/or error codes when you try to update those accounts? If not, what is happening? What does the One Step Update summary show?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just wanted to comment I have the same issue since 7/19 for several accounts even though I know they have new transactions. No errors show. Update now does not work. Signed out and back in to quicken. Citibank, First Financial, Capital one, and Frost bank so far are the ones not working for me. Please give us an idea what is going on? We can't be the only ones experiencing this issue. BTW, Wells Fargo and Chase are the ones that are still working, thankfully.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for joining the discussion @karen m,

When you say "update now does not work", could you clarify what is happening? Do the banks that are not updating show up on the One Step Update Summary? Have you gone to Tools>Account List and looked in the Transaction Download column for those accounts to verify that they are still connected (if Quicken thinks they're connected, you'll see the word "yes" in that column)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Well, I have been able to get one bank to update by resetting each account. Annoying as have 6 at this institution and each time have to go through the steps of reentering login info then get a verification text and then it tries to add it but I just link it and it downloads. Hoping this fixes is for good but will see.

• luchtg
    luchtg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Same here. My trouble began on 20 July and has not been resolved. The crash notification says it send the report to Microsoft but I don't believe it. I leave my email and get no feedback. [Removed - Rant]

• karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thanks @Quicken Kristina for the reply. When It first started the one step update looked normal before I clicked the update now button with all the accounts showing and checked to be updated. After clicking tghe update now everything also appears normal but it ends rather quickly and then in the summary it would show all the LAST downloads of all the accounts and these ones were continuing to be stuck on 7/19/23 even though I know there were new transactions. No error codes or any other indication of a problem. It happened across several institutions though not all. Checking the status I see they are all connected, most by express web connect. Only one account I have is direct connect and that is working fine.

OK, so just did another one step update to see if anything changed especially with the one bank that I reset all the accounts. And yay, that one seemed to indicate the update went through even though there were no new transactions as just did the reset yesterday. Still have several credit card accounts though that did not update, citi bank and capital one. I have multiple accounts with these two cards.

I hate to reset them all but looks like that might be a solution. I just hope it stays fixed if I go through all this.

(edit: I spoke too soon, though the one bank account that I reset all of the accounts looked like it had updated because it noted the correct time and date that I ran the update, there were new transactions on at least one of the accounts that did not get downloaded. The one step update said there were 0 transactions. Please get this fixed asap!)

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

This sounds like perhaps the runtime.dat file might be corrupted. There have been a fair number of occurrences of this issue popping up over the last several months (since at least as far back as March).

The fix is not hard but it can take a little time to complete. You can read more about it and the process to fix it in this thread: Time date stamp [of last account update].

It should be noted that if this is a runtime.dat corruption issue, resetting or deactivating/reactivating the accounts without replacing the corrupted runtime.dat file will likely prove to be a temporary fix. The only proven fix that I know of is to replace the runtime.dat file per the process in the thread that was posted in the previous paragraph.

BTW, after I replaced my corrupted runtime.dat file last March the issue has not returned.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac - just to let you know the procedure you noted in the link "Time date Stamp [of last account update]" also fixes the dreaded CC-800 error.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2023
    Options

Interesting. On the one hand it doesn't surprise me because Reset Account and Deactivate/Reactivate are common fixes for the occasional CC-800 error code. But sometimes this error code is persistent and Reset Account nor Deactivate/Reactivate don't seem to eliminate it nor the persistence of it. It makes me wonder if there might be something in the runtime.dat file that might be contributing to the more persistent CC-800 errors.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have found that it is deleting the "runtime.dat" is what fixes the CC-800 error permanently. Then you need the Reset to re-activate the online connections. Otherwise, as you said, the Reset or Deactivate/Reactivate alone seems to be only a temporary fix.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I'll have to explore this more the next time I get a persistent CC-800 error. Thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.