Fidelity Account Disappeared - Mac Version

Options

Answers

• chan2023
    chan2023 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I know there is now a internal fix in the works… just wanted to add to this so I can keep tabs. My client also has Fidelity Net Benefits account. He has 2 Positions - 1 has disappeared - when I look in securities it is listed. And still has the history. It however shows a not held - or lacks the green checked circle next to it. We too were hit with the securities bug beginning of the year where his account doubled - and we found a bunch of duplicate securities. We merged all the securities as told by us by a quicken tech that had matching names - but added version numbers - this fixed his issues then. This feels like a "fix" that doesn't take in account the original fix back in beginning of year. [Edited-Readability]

• Vesparado
    Vesparado Member ✭✭
    Options

Update as of 7/14/2023: removed a couple of old remove shares transactions about an hour ago and now the missing security is posting on my Mac desktop Quicken. I had previously manually updated price information for the last few days so don't know yet if the Quicken/Fidelity link is in fact working and prices are updating. Will report either way later today.

• D_G
    D_G Member
    Options

Ran into the same Fidelity issue today after doing an account update. 2 Fidelity account balances dropped: One to $0 and the other to a negative balance. Neither account shows any security holdings.

This second issue with Quicken/Fidelity is extremely frustrating for a long time Quicken customer. Last time was the duplicate transactions which was painful to correct. Working at a software company, it is all about QA prior to release. Please, please do what it takes to avoid such frequent release issues.

• Vesparado
    Vesparado Member ✭✭
    Options

Missing Fidelity Net Benefits security came back this afternoon after I dropped two old "Removed Shares" entries in transactions; one was for the security that disappeared and the other was for the security that didn't disappear. Then, both securities updated prices this evening (I had been updating manually). No other Fidelity Accounts were affected. The Fidelity mobile app continued to work right through this incident so the problem appears to have been between the Fidelity desktop app and Quicken.

Can someone advise how I can find whatever comments I've made on this forum. I can't find them.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

To find your comments, click on the little blue circle in the upper right corner, then click on the bigger blue circle that comes up; that will take you to your Profile page. Then on the right side of your Profile page there's an Activity section with a set of links below it below it; the Comments link will take you to a list of your posts.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• truegravity
    truegravity Member
    Options

Good news. I had the same issue with two Fidelity Net Benefit accounts, a 401k and a 403b. Both accounts were corrected automatically with my online update today 7/16/2023.

• BillB19709
    BillB19709 Member
    Options

Same here…. tried various Fidelity connections some pick up a couple assets, but none the entire portfolio.

• truegravity
    truegravity Member
    Options

Very strange. Mine resolved on my 7/16 online update and it's still good after online update today 7/19.

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My Fidelity Net Benefits 401K went to $0 on 7/18. I also had the double securities issue earlier in the year and did the merge securities work around. I wonder if these issues are related?

• lauriel
    lauriel Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had both problems. Pretty much getting tired of Quicken

• chan2023
    chan2023 Member ✭✭
    Options

agreed. Been dealing with a sub par product since it was released on Mac. Quicken 7 was the last solid release. And then it’s been mostly down hill since then. I support over 15 clients who use it. And no one has had a good experience.

• Esskae
    Esskae Member ✭✭
    Options

My mutual fund holdings have returned to my Fidelity Net Benefits account today! Thanks to whoever fixed this!

• neal.fishman
    neal.fishman Member ✭✭
    Options

The problem reoccurred for me.

• Esskae
    Esskae Member ✭✭
    Options

Spoke too soon. Today the funds are missing again…

• lauriel
    lauriel Member ✭✭
    Options

This has not corrected, has actually gotten worse for me. More holdings have disappeared

• lauriel
    lauriel Member ✭✭
    Options

But then after an update, better? Confusing

• Keithwh
    Keithwh Member
    Options

This is quite an impactful issue as a couple days ago some of my holdings disappeared. The transactions all exist but the quicken does not indicate that I am holding them and thus they don't show up on the balances. If I add a new transaction it seems to then account for the holding but for only that one transaction. All my prior transactions for certain holdings seem to be ignored in the balance. More regular updates from quicken support would be appreciated.

• Keithwh
    Keithwh Member
    Options

Does anyone know if the various fidelity/quicken issues that we have been experiencing is limited to the MAC platform vs. windows? Given the significant issues with the handling of the fidelity accounts I am considering trying quicken on windows. I was had been on the quicken for windows a few years ago before switching to MAC and it appeared the windows version was much more advanced than the Mac version.

• chan2023
    chan2023 Member ✭✭
    Options

So here they go posting yet another update saying they haven't figured it out yet.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@chan2023 What you need to keep in mind is that there are three companies involved in investigating and resolving a problem likes this: Quicken, Intuit (which handles connectivity under contract to Quicken), and Fidelity. It's likely that whatever caused an issue like this involves Intuit and/or Fidelity, and the teams at Quicken may have limited insight into the exact status of who's doing what to resolve it.

he moderators on this site post updates every week to acknowledge issues that remain open and unresolved; those updates almost never contain any new information and almost never have an ETA for a fix.

And Quicken never discloses what the problem was once things are fixed. It might be satisfying if they shared something like: "Some bozo at Fidelity made a programming change such that existing holdings weren't being reported resulted in Quicken wiping out those holdings; then the person at Intuit who deals with Fidelity connectivity was on vacation for a week and it delayed implementation of a workaround once Fidelity fixed their mistake." 🤣 But it'll never happen. They will never throw the financial institution or their connectivity partner under the bus and share that type of information. So problems are acknowledged with no ETA, and then one day things start working again and the alert is marked as resolved. I imagine Quicken considers sharing technical details of why an outage has occurred, or what is being done to resolve it, as information which wouldn't actually help the user in any way.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • xxangie711
    xxangie711 Member
    Options

I didn't have an issue until I ran the latest update for Quicken Windows a couple days ago. I noticed my net worth had nearly doubled! The culprit was my Fidelity 401k. The security was listed, but I noticed a cash amount for the exact same amount as the security value listed below. I tried going into the register for my 401k to see what the issue was and it is missing!!! Completely gone! Did anyone else have their transaction register for Fidelity disappear too?

• jacobs
    Options

@xxangie711@aol.com Yes, there are lots of such reports. However, this is a Quicken Mac thread, so you might want to look int he Windows category for banking, or see this Alert posted by Quicken indicating they are aware of the issue.

• chan2023
    chan2023 Member ✭✭
    Options

@jacobs Thanks for the explanation. I am a software developer with apple and have been an Apple consultant for almost 30 years. The concepts and the intricacies of connecting to other databases and data sources doesn't go unnoticed. What does bother me is Quicken has always treated mac users as 2nd class citizens. No amount of explaining what is going on behind the scenes will change my mind about the low quality Mac's have been handed by Intuit through the years. I have a client that bought an old mac just so he can continue to print checks from version 7 - because quicken can't figure how to bring forward features he relied on for years.

• jacobs
    Options

What does bother me is Quicken has always treated mac users as 2nd class citizens. No amount of explaining what is going on behind the scenes will change my mind about the low quality Mac's have been handed by Intuit through the years.

Two quick notes. Yes, Intuit botched the development of a next-generation Quicken for Mac from 2007 through 2013 before the modern Quicken Mac debuted — in very raw and feature-incomplete form — in 2014. But Quicken hasn't been owned by Intuit for the past seven years, so continuing to blame Intuit is an old part of the story.

It's also worth noting that Macs are a much smaller part of the personal computing universe, and Mac users of Quicken are much fewer than Windows users. (Quicken doesn't disclose data on users by platform.) As a result of Quicken Mac generating less revenue than Quicken Windows, it's not surprising that the Quicken Mac development team is smaller than the Quicken Windows development team. You can call that "second class" treatment, but I think it makes sense that development resources are deployed in large part based on how much money each platform brings in. (And I'm a Quicken Mac user for three decades, who is very much interested in seeing new features and improvements in the program. 😀)

I have a client that bought an old mac just so he can continue to print checks from version 7 - because quicken can't figure how to bring forward features he relied on for years.

That seems odd, since modern Quicken Mac can certainly print checks. The Memo line isn't aligned optimally, but it doesn't prevent printing checks for those who need to.

• lauriel
    lauriel Member ✭✭
    Options

And now it is back

• Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

My 401K showed $0 for about 2 weeks. It is now showing about 80%. Looks like 2 of the funds in that account are still missing in Quicken.

• RGalinac
    RGalinac Member
    Options

I think it's time for Quicken to start giving refunds.Not having full functionality for over a month is not acceptable.

• jacobs
    Options

@RGalinac I've never seen an instance where Quicken gave mass refunds. In most cases like this, the problem is more than likely is due to an issue at Fidelity or Quicken's connectivity provider, Intuit, rather than the Quicken program code itself. However, if you call Quicken support to register your complaint about the lack of resolution of the Fidelity issue, for the sake of good customer service, you sometimes find an understanding service rep who will be willing to extend your subscription by a month. Just be polite to them, understanding they aren't the ones who caused the problem, and ask for a subscription extension due to this outage. (I have read reports of people getting such an extension, but it's not a certainty. I guess it can't hurt to try — unless you decide your time isn't worth it for the ~$5 you'll get back. 😂)

This discussion has been closed.