CC-502 Trying to connect BMO Harris Credit Card account

Options
Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭

Trying to add/readd BMO (Harris)Credit card getting cc-502.

QHB&RP R50.15

Windows 11 PRO current

Quicken Business and Personal-R56.9 Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Greg Brown,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

A CC-502 error is caused by maintenance on the bank's servers that Quicken uses to download transactions. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information as well as some troubleshooting steps. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Unfortunately a reset is what got me into this bind. It was not updating with all other accounts during OSU. I did a reset and that failed and de-activated the account online connection. Now I can't add it back. Are you aware of anyone else having this issue??

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

The CC-502 resolved today by 9 am CDT.

I can confirm that using Account Reset while an FI is in a CC-error state will corrupt connection information in the data file making it very difficult to restore the connection. I've had to resort to restoring a backup file with an active connection for the problem FI, but that results in CC-800 errors for other FIs which is also a PIA to resolve. This is a relatively recent problem, that is corrupting the connection data rather than just indicating the account cannot be reset.

I'm curious if you can just reconnect or if it continues to error out? Erroring out has been my experience, even when the CC-error state is resolved.

For BMO, while it was in the error state, I went to BMO website and exported a Quicken qfx with Quicken open which automatically established Web Connect connection for the account. Today, after exporting I was prompted to Improve Connection, which established an EWC connection for each of my BMO accounts. So, my advice is if you cannot just activate normally, try exporting from BMO with Quicken open to setup Web Connect. That seems to resolve connection corruption and allow a normal EWC improve connection process.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @markus1957,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that the issue has been resolved for you and for providing more information!

@Greg Brown,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thans for that. I did try to do a QFX export yesterday but got sidetracked. Thanks for the suggestion, I did that today, and it did the same thing as your experience, automatically established EWC. It connected with a CC-800 error. I did a FIX IT, and that worked, surprised me. These CC-800 are KILLING ME!!!

Thanks again very much. 😁

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Greg Brown,

Thank you for coming back to update us.

We are happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.