discover bank

Options
2»

Answers

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Cross-posting this. It looks to me that R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12 fixes the problem. Or Quicken fixed it on the server side. Or perhaps I have mutated into some kind of special case that actually works?! Today when I started Quicken it automatically updated me to R51.12 Bld 27.1.51.12. Doh! I had purposefully downgraded to V49.29 a week ago in order to be able to download my Discover bank accounts. V49.29 had been rock steady. I always carefully ignored the 1-step update option to get the latest update. But today upon launching Quicken (not the 1-step update) it just automatically downloaded/installed the new version without asking me. But…. the 1-step update is actually working for ALL of my accounts including 2 discover cards and 2 Discover checking and savings accounts. Seemingly, at least. I'm waiting for it to break any minute or to find out there is actually no update happening but no error messages. Or some other kluge. But so far so good.

• EricMC
    EricMC Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I have the same version and build mentioned above, but I continue having difficulty with activating One Step Update on my Discover Bank accounts. I don't have this issue with any other institutions in my file. This problem occurs when starting a new Discover Bank account too.

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry to hear that. Especially since I just cross-posted that things are fixed. 😕 When I reverted back to V49.29 I did have to re-add my Discover bank accounts. Perhaps I could've updated right after that and not experienced problems. I am definitely scared to try the "Add Accounts" with my current configuration that seems to be working well.

• John Patriarca
    John Patriarca Member ✭✭✭
    Options

pmfenton3…came back home after 4 days away, started Q and it automatically updated like you…but trying to set up OSU for my Discover card produced same result (see screenshot on my previous post). If only the Q tech team could be as proficient as their editors on these posts….

• WmH2
    WmH2 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello, have been using Discover Card for decades, but am a brand new Discover Bank user. I see that Web Express is supposed to be available, but when I try to setup using the "Discover Bank" link, I get an error stating that Discover Bank needs me to authorize.

When I click on the Sign In button, all I get is this next screen.

no matter how many times I click the "Sign In" button, it never presents me with an actual screen to login with… it just keeps coming back to this page.

Quite disappointed that this has been going on for so long without a solution.

Quicken User since 1988 (yes, DOS Beta Tester, Pre Windows)

• Pls_Help_Dave
    Pls_Help_Dave Member ✭✭
    Options

I sent discoverbank an email and this is the reply I received:

• Rick_B@
    Rick_B@ Member
    Options

I have the same problem with Discover Bank Savings. Since they are now offering good interest rates I expect Quicken to be getting a lot more complaints as users open accounts. From reading this has been going on for too long, Quicken, please provide an ETA and get this problem fixed.

• Jayacol
    Jayacol Member ✭✭
    Options

that's the build I,m using R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12 it doesn't fix the problem at least not for me.

I have no access to Discover Bank for over 3 months now. Discover credit card is not affected.

• RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja @Quicken Janean  @Quicken Jasmine @Quicken Alyssa

Please pass the following information to the Productive Developing Team that has been working on this problem since July 2nd.

Everyone who is running the latest version of Quicken for Windows who wants to added Discover Bank Checking or Savings Account is unable to do so.

The following will allow you team to recreate the problem:

Using a fresh install of Quicken for Windows R51.12

File | New Quicken File

Call it TestDiscover.QDF or whatever you wish and SAVE

Sync to Mobile and Web OFF and NEXT

Click on Add Account

Select Financial Institution "Discover Bank" (See picture below)

Now Click on NEXT (See Yellow in Picture Above)

The Window below will come up:

Now Click on Sign In (Highlighted in Yellow in Picture Above.)

You will get the following picture:

You immediately get the above picture when clicking Sign In. It never gives opportunity to enter a username or password. Discover no longer supports express web connection plus. So Quicken Windows needs to be fixed so that it does NOT try to login to discover bank looking for accounts to be authorized!

Please pass this post to the head of your product development team.

• Rick_B@
    Rick_B@ Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Discover Bank has good interest rates now so more people including me will be opening accounts. I've used Quicken since DOS and always been happy. I'm very disappointed because of this and expect Quicken to get this solved ASAP. [Edited - Readability]

• Rick Staveley
    Rick Staveley Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I tried this, which did not work. It did however, cause my Quicken file to crash and then downloaded hundreds of old transactions into accounts unrelated to Discover, which I am now sifting through and deleting.

• EricMC
    EricMC Member ✭✭
    Options

The update mentioned today in this post allowed me to link and download into all my Discover Bank accounts. I am currently using Version R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12 and no software update was necessary.

• Rick_B@
    Rick_B@ Member
    Options

Discover Bank is connecting for me now as well however it only registered my account balance. It did not match transactions and this is a new account with only four transactions in the past month.

• WmH2
    WmH2 Member ✭✭
    Options

Now that Discover Bank is working again, I have still found a glitch in the Quicken for Windows application. I have a Discover Card and a new Savings account. My Login is linked to both accounts. When I go to Discover's website and I login with selecting "Credit Card", I see all of my accounts.

However, Quicken does not see my savings when I select "Discover" from the initial list of online services when setting up an account.

If I search for "Discover Bank", that option does see both of my accounts. It downloads my "Bank" data, but not my "Credit Card" data.

So this is crazy… I connected my savings account via the "Discover Bank" and I have a 2nd login (same UserID and Password) for my "Discover Card"… when doing an update, Quicken shows that it is going out twice to the institution to get this data. Now, this is no skin of my back as this doesn't seem to take any longer to download, but it is a waste of resources on Quickens servers. You might wanna look into that.

Quicken User since 1988 (yes, DOS Beta Tester, Pre Windows)

• Jayacol
    Jayacol Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

finally its fixed.

This discussion has been closed.