discover bank

Options
Jayacol
Jayacol Member ✭✭

cant setup discover bank after I deactivated online banking
get error message every time i try to reactivate online banking.
Sign in to discover bank failed Try again been going on for over a week now.

I can login on a web browser just not through quicken

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Discover Bank no longer supports Web Connect 2-step downloads, meaning downloading a QFX file from their website and importing it to Quicken. However, automatic downloads via Express Web Connect is still supported. The issue reported in the Alert which is being worked on by our teams is in reference to Express Web Connect.

Hope this clarifies things! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Jayacol,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• darryl.rw
    darryl.rw Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue and it's been going on for well over a month for me.

• LHon
    LHon Member
    Options

I have experienced the same issue during the reset of an account that was not downloading transactions but was downloading the online balance . During the reset I received the following error Message (Sign in Discover Bank bank failed ). This issue has been going on for over a month. Some Discover Bank accounts still download okay, however some accounts will only down load the online balance.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you follow the requested procedure to sign in to authenticate using your web browser?
    What happens when you do? (This procedure is supposed to help resolve the issue for you)

• dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the feedback.

However, yes, we followed the procedure. Clicking on the Sign In box throws the error. Normally, after clicking the Sign In box, Quicken should open up the web browser to complete the process, but it stalls out with the error screen.

Sure, we can log into the account via our web browser, but that doesn't help as we need to access the browser via Quicken via a specific pass-through/URL combination afforded by that Sign In box.

At this point, this appears to be an issue with Quicken and Discover Bank, so I'm going to wait.

Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • Scott5
    Scott5 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is exactly the point I am at . When you click on "sign in" in order to authenticate my Discovery account the same screen pops up. There are no error messages or numbers. It sipmle pops up the "sign in" screen. I have attached a pic of the screen.

• Scott5
    Scott5 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I also turned off all firewall protection and still get the same screen looping. This did not resolve the issue. It keeps cycling back to authenticate sign in.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• jfischer41
    jfischer41 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken web technical support told me yesterday Quicken no longer supports Discover bank

• Randy Crain
    Randy Crain Member ✭✭
    Options

but it's been months since it was a "know issue"

• Rick Staveley
    Rick Staveley Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja could you please confirm if this is accurate so we can all stop wasting time trying to figure out what is wrong? Thank you.

• jfischer41
    jfischer41 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes. Discover bank web support told me they no longer support Quicken. They also no longer allow .qfx downloads, only excel and .csv.

In addition they told me they have no plans to resume Quicken support.

I was able to use one step update this morning with Discover, but I don't know how long that is going to last.

Can anyone recommend a replacement bank? Preferably online bank.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Discover Bank no longer supports Web Connect 2-step downloads, meaning downloading a QFX file from their website and importing it to Quicken. However, automatic downloads via Express Web Connect is still supported. The issue reported in the Alert which is being worked on by our teams is in reference to Express Web Connect.

Hope this clarifies things! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• garyccc
    garyccc Member
    Options

I cannot set up a new Discover Bank account at all. I get the same as the above error message. Might be a deal-breaker for future use of Quicken.

• Todd
    Todd Member ✭✭
    Options

jfischer41, Marcus Bank seems to provide higher yields and has worked with Quicken for the last 2 years.

• Qconfused
    Qconfused Member
    Options

If Express Web Connect is still supported for Discover Card where might i find detailed instructions on how to set it up? thanks.

• plaidfrog
    plaidfrog Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Squad… Discover Bank connectivity = known issue for months. Unacceptable.

• plaidfrog
    plaidfrog Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

[Removed - Inaccurate]

• westelsdon
    westelsdon Member ✭✭
    Options

Well, that is deeply disappointing to hear, if true. Now I will have to decide if I want to continue my relationship with Discover.

• westelsdon
    westelsdon Member ✭✭
    Options

I contacted Discover a few minutes ago. The person I communicated with (via text) was either unable grasp the question about the whether the relationship between Discover and Quicken had been severed or not, or was deliberately avoiding answering in any meaningful way. They sidestepped the relationship question and effectively said that I needed to be using Express Web Connect if i wanted to download transactions. If it wasn't working, I needed to contact Quicken for how to get it working again - my problem was not their problem.

Not at all informative, let alone useful.

• plaidfrog
    plaidfrog Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Speculation]

• Millerr210
    Millerr210 Member
    Options

So this issue was reported earlier this year and still no fix for it…. what are we paying for, how soon will this be fixed?

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant/Language]

• Jayacol
    Jayacol Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]

• mjnorman42
    mjnorman42 Member
    Options

Same problem for me for at least 3 months now.

• pmfenton3
    pmfenton3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same problem. Whatever I posted 3 days ago was censored "removed rant/language". Nice.

One of the Q folks posted around July 6 that problem was escalated. That's a relief.

• CountryLogic
    CountryLogic Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Guess I'll have to contact Discover Bank to get a good answer.

• John Patriarca
    John Patriarca Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

From Discover chat, just now: "However, For security, the Direct Connect method for Quicken was discontinued and the Quicken option removed from the Account Center as a download option. If We advise at this time to switch to Quicken's Express Web Connect, which will you a similar experience. You will then work with the Quicken team to resolve any issue with linking, errors, or transaction mismatch."

Quicken Team: Solve the problem, it's been going on for months. How do you and Discover mess up a perfectly good system that has worked for at least 10 years? [Edited - Language]

This discussion has been closed.