Cannot get individual transaction $$ amounts to show up in report.

Options
SBJPLACE
SBJPLACE Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Reports (Windows)

Income/Expense COmparison by Category (or other Income / Expense report) -

WIndows 10 , QUicken for Home and Business R.51.12

I can generate a report with totals by category, but I also want to see the individual transaction line items (the description of items show up when expanded) with the dollar amount for each line that contributes to the total. "Amount is not even listed as an option for display purposes.

What happened to this option? I used to be able to do this.

Thank you.

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Click on the gear to customize the report and click on Reset Columns. Hopefully that will fix it.

QWin Premier subscription
  • SandraStowell
    SandraStowell Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I have the same issue, and Show Transaction Detail did NOT fix this, UNTIL I did the Reset Columns trick.

This is a pretty obscure trick that ideally should not be necessary… but thank you for the tips.

PTArtist.com
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    Options

You mention an easy answer report. What is the exact option you select?

If I select How much did I spend on and specify a Category, the report just shows total spending for the Category. If I click on Update to show and pick Transaction Detail, the transactions and their amounts are shown. I did have to scroll the report to the right to see all the columns.

If I select Has my spending changed in this Category and specify a Category it shows the Cash Flow Comparison report. In that report, double clicking on an amount shows the underlying transactions. Again, I must widen or scroll the report to see the amounts.

If the amounts are not shown, click on the gear at the top right of the report and make sure the Amount column is checked. If Amount is not one of the selections, click on Reset columns and hopefully that will fix it.

Please let us know what you find.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    Options

Click on the gear to customize the report and click on Reset Columns. Hopefully that will fix it.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I suspect you had been working with the “Itemized Categories” report. There is a button near the top to Show Transaction Detail.

• SandraStowell
    SandraStowell Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I have the same issue, and Show Transaction Detail did NOT fix this, UNTIL I did the Reset Columns trick.

This is a pretty obscure trick that ideally should not be necessary… but thank you for the tips.

PTArtist.com
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you reusing a Saved Report that was saved in an older version of Quicken?
    If so, please go into the Customize dialog for this report and, in the Display tab, click "Reset Columns".

If that doesn't give you your Amount column back, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window
    showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect
    your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s)
    here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    Options

You mention an easy answer report. What is the exact option you select?

If I select How much did I spend on and specify a Category, the report just shows total spending for the Category. If I click on Update to show and pick Transaction Detail, the transactions and their amounts are shown. I did have to scroll the report to the right to see all the columns.

If I select Has my spending changed in this Category and specify a Category it shows the Cash Flow Comparison report. In that report, double clicking on an amount shows the underlying transactions. Again, I must widen or scroll the report to see the amounts.

If the amounts are not shown, click on the gear at the top right of the report and make sure the Amount column is checked. If Amount is not one of the selections, click on Reset columns and hopefully that will fix it.

Please let us know what you find.

• SBJPLACE
    SBJPLACE Member ✭✭
    Options

Jim, I was using any of the category reports, this one was comparison report - just to get the detail. But, you are right, "Reset Columns" worked. Until then, "Amount" was not even a option to check for display. Glad to know this now, but it has been a source of frustration for months. What an obscure, odd, fix.

Thank you, again!

This discussion has been closed.