Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) (QMAC)

Options

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello All,

We do currently have an active alert regarding error codes with Elan Financial. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bob Z
    Bob Z Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the link is nice but it would be nicer if you answered the questions about timeframe and what you're doing to fix the situation - either here or at the alert you're linking to. Please respond with some information!

• Harold Rosenbaum
    Harold Rosenbaum Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Seen a lot of KB messages regarding Fidelity Investment and Elan Financial Services for Credit Cards. I have a Visa that will no longer update. Began with error 102 and now has morphed into 105. Been going on for several days now. I can access both Fidelity and Elan. Fidelity will not update. Elan gives me the error messages. What should I do?

• SUA
    SUA Member
    Options

Still waiting on a fix. Not working for close to a week now

First issues with Costco anywhere visa by Citi, now Elan

I was using quicken 2013 for a decade before switching to the leatest subscription version.

I now question very much if the cost for it is justified with half of the system not working

Can I get my money back?

• MikeC331
    MikeC331 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am so happy (snarky comment intended) Quicken was able to update the logo and rename the app. Why can't they fix the connection to Elan financial services? Totally ridiculous. The Quicken executives just need to do their job. Give me a reliable piece of software. I don't care what you darn logo looks like, I don't care what the name of the product is. I want the software to reliably work. Signed, every Quicken user on the planet.

• fmb1
    fmb1 Member ✭✭
    Options

If it's not this credit card it's another or a bank or a bill that no longer downloads every week or two it is something that is broken with little or any response from Quicken other than we are working on it. I really like the message after I now have to download things manually that there is a better way… except that the better way doesn't work

Bills which should download automatically don't and have to be manually searched for - I have been a quicken user for well over 30 years going way back and while they continue to update the look and rename it, the software becomes more wonky. My renewal is up in November - it may be time to move on or go back to the old way with a pencil and spreadsheet that is reliable.

• beercan69
    beercan69 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Frustrated with this issue

• mapoet
    mapoet Member ✭✭
    Options

My error is a 505 error with two Elan Financial accounts. These are frustrating

• jeffu
    jeffu Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem - Mini Credit Card through Elan Financial

• LF3550
    LF3550 Member
    Options

Elan is no longer supporting Comerica Visa CC account access from Quicken either. Called Elan yesterday and they said they never did support Quicken Access but it just worked, … until they just changes their site within the past few days… They indicated they only support downloads from their site in the Quicken format for upload into Quicken. PITA now to go through the downloads.

• ganma98
    ganma98 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem with the Capital One download.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Please be advised that we do currently have an open Alert on Elan Financial Services which you can review the details and all available updates on in this Community Alert.

As for the information you were provided by the Elan Financial representative, I will go ahead and pass this along internally so it can be looked into further by our teams working on this issue.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• P Simms
    P Simms Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree that connections for download credit card transactions has been breaking a lot lately. I have issues with ELAN and Kohl's charge card not downloading. For the price we pay, I would think they could afford to fix this stuff.

• RichardScheel
    Options

I am EXTREMELY angry with Quicken's failure to fix this. This functionality is an important part of my daily tracking, watching for fraudulent transactions on my credit card. I too am a long-time Quicken user, and I have seen the quality steadily decline over the last couple of years. I really need this to work, and I need it NOW!!!!

• Kris Hartner
    Options

Quick bullet on how to Manually Upload transactions for Elan:

1. Login to the Elan website,

2. On the landing page you should see your transactions and at the top of them an icon to "Download", select that

3. Make sure you select a start date that is later than any transactions already in your Quicken register for that account. I also select an end date that is one day previous to the current day in case some transactions come through later in the day for that same day - I don't want to miss any and seems better to have clean break in the dates you download - assuming making it the previous day will do that.

4. Select File Format: Quicken (.QFX).

5. Back up your Quicken Data File.

6. Open the register for your Elan card.

7. Drag the downloaded file into the register - it should give you a green icon showing it will download there.

8. A box will pop up asking you to which account to link it to (not sure why that happened as I had dropped it into the Elan register, maybe that just happens the first time, or maybe the Drag and Drop doesn't care where you drop it and makes you specify where it goes.

• Lewis
    Lewis Member ✭✭
    Options

One step update to either Fidelity Rewards Cred Card or Elan Financial Services fails to ocnnect

• dbakkum
    dbakkum Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

ELAN Financial is the bank that manages Fidelity Visa accounts. After the Quicken update this past weekend, I've been getting varying error messages (attached), however I can log into the site using the same web address and credentials with no problem. How does this get resolved, as I have multiple accounts that cannot be synced?

• SUA
    SUA Member
    Options

I now get error CC-800

When will the issue be correted?

• cherylsherman
    Options

I am having issues as well with two Elan accounts. I would love to have some eta on when it will be resolved from Quicken. Very frustrating.

• cedwards53
    cedwards53 Member ✭✭
    Options

This is also happening in Quicken for Windows and has been for several days. This morning I got a cc-502

• Dave Marshall
    Dave Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I hope this is resolved soon. It used to work great.

• angry_user
    angry_user Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have this problem. They also just started requiring a tew factor (text or email) when you login to the credit card site.

• dougcurrie
    dougcurrie Member ✭✭
    Options

Something different today:  (FDP-102) "Retry. Layout has been changed."

• kayagee
    kayagee Member
    Options

Very frustrating indeed! I'm a Windows user running Quicken one-step updates for my Fidelity Rewards Visa linked to Elan. It's always worked great, until now.
    The login.fidelityrewards.com site also went down at the same time, so presumably related. (It lets you login, but nothing further)

However I can still see my Fidelity Rewards Visa transactions from the Fidelity.com site. But I've learned not to download from there because it rounds the current balance off to the nearest $1 so it's utterly useless!

Anxiously awaiting a resolution!

• Boog
    Boog Member ✭✭
    Options

Same thing here today, FDP-102 instead of -105. Tried linking through both Elan and Fidelity Rewards with same result each.

• KraRan
    KraRan Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello Quicken, Why is this issue taking so long to fix. It used to work just 3 weeks ago. Now it is broken for over a week.

The download is now going to the wrong website. it is going to: www.elanfinancialservices.com

It is supposed to go to: www.myaccountaccess.com

Just try it on the web and it is obvious! When will this be fixed!

[Merged Post]

• mikeyoung13
    mikeyoung13 Member ✭✭
    Options

I fault Fidelity/Elan for this. Here is my take on it:

1. Elan has never officially supported automatic Quicken downloads (we should complain to Fidelity about that to put pressure on them).
    2. However, auto-downloads from Elan have still worked over past years. Quicken probably scrapes Elan's website screens to get the data…but that type of integration can be brittle if website changes. In fact Elan just did change their website (they even have a big disclaimer when you login). My error says "Layout has been changed" which implies Quicken cannot not read Elan's new website. Give quicken some time and they will likely adapt to Elan's new website!

• JoeQkn
    JoeQkn Member ✭✭
    Options

I feel like we are not getting enough information / updates from Quicken on this matter. The open Alert on Elan Financial Services referenced by Jasmine earlier in this thread contains only two brief posts, with the last post made on September 26.

I spoke with Quicken Support on 9/26, and I was told the issue was caused by a change made at Elan.

On 9/26, after speaking with Quicken support, I spoke with Elan’s Tech Support, and they confirmed they are aware of this issue, but they said the issue is caused due to a change made by Quicken.

Is one side fibbing???

I have always had good experiences with Elan support, and never felt they BS’d me when there were issues. I also had mostly good experiences with Quicken.

But we definitely have a situation where the two sides are pointing the finger at the other party.

I would appreciate it if Quicken would provide an update on who is working on what to fix this issue.

I would also like for Quicken to speak with Elan to get agreement on where the issue originates from so that when their customers call, we aren’t being told the fault is with the other party, because unless they agree they are jointly responsible, one party is not telling he truth when they each lay the blame on the other party.

• coly8s
    coly8s Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

JoeQkn, I definitely agree. Lack of transparency and failure to communicate is a poor business practice…on both sides. Someone needs to take ownership, outline the problem, specific steps they are taking and a timeline for the fix is necessary.

This discussion has been closed.