Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• Jon Myers
    Jon Myers Member
    Options

Same here. Can login to Elan Fi directly just fine. Seems like this happens when tokens are changed (or not) or new 2FA implemented on the bank side.

• ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm using a PC with Windows 10.

Once the ".qfx" file was downloaded I double clicked the file and Quicken simply opened it.

• kevin17@
    kevin17@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

How about Quicken prioritize fixing existing feature instead the numerous other non-value added changes?

• DDT1345
    DDT1345 Member ✭✭
    Options

@kevin17@ it's Quicken CLASSIC now…and how about that new logo!!! /s

• lcfillo
    lcfillo Member ✭✭
    Options

I am experiencing the same error as all those who previously documented the CC-502 error issue. As a temporary solution I have had to manually log onto the Elan Financial Services website and download a qfx file from the site. After this I have to import that file into Quicken Classic to get the transaction updates without needing to manually enter them. In my case this situation has surfaced after I updated Quicken with the latest version which changed the logo. Ugh! I cring everytime there is an update which lately has seem to be every other day.

• BrifromBeulah
    BrifromBeulah Member ✭✭
    Options

My connection to Elan Financial stopped working earlier in September. Connection Error CC502 I believe. I've tried resetting the connection to no avail. I've tried being patient, but patience is wearing thin. Does anyone know if this is being worked on and when a fix might be released? I just upgraded to the latest Quicken version (Classic) and still not working.

• Richard Kent
    Richard Kent Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Downloads from Elan Financial Services are problematic

Since Quicken cannot download Elan Financial Services (EFS) transactions currently, I have been doing downloads from the EFS side. All went swimmingly well until last night. Upon attempting to log into the EFS website, I received a notification that my username and password were wrong. Since I use a password manager, I found that hard to believe. So I called EFS. I was asked what website was I trying to access. When I mentioned "www.myaccountaccess.com", I was told that this is an old website and not longer supported. I was told that the new website is "login.fidelityrewards.com". I then logged into the new website and downloaded the .qfx file. Lo and behold, the transaction did not make it into the Fidelity Rewards credit card account in Quicken, which I had selected to be the target. Instead, Quicken created an entirely new account for these transactions. Thinking that I had done something wrong, I tried again using a backup copy of my Quicken data file. Lo and behold, the same thing happened again.

Fast forward one day - I tried to log into the "www.myaccountaccess.com" website and it was happy with my username and password. I downloaded the .qfx file and all of the transactions went right into the correct account flawlessly.

So I tried repeating the generation of the .qfx file from the "login.fidelityrewards.com" website. Today again, none of the transactions went into the Fidelity Rewards credit card account. But neither did Quicken create a new account. The old EFS website produces a .qfx file which contains an field which is the exact account number. The new EFS website has an field with replaced the middle six number of the account number with XXXXXX. After replacing the XXXXXX with the actual numbers, lo and behold, the transaction went into the account.

I noticed that when adding the Fidelity Rewards credit card account, the "login.fidelityrewards.com" website is used. I suspect that account number that gets put into the Account Details dialog box has the XXXXXXXX in the middle of it. My current Fidelity Rewards credit card account contains the complete account number. I would try out this hypothesis, but right now Quicken and EFS are not talking with one another.

When Quicken and EFS are playing well together, this would not be an issue. Your software engineers need to write a script to change the account number in existing accounts replacing the middle six digits with XXXXXX to be compatible with the current EFS website.

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have noticed that when I log into myaccount access, the level of security is no longer there. It used to ask for my secret phrase and give me a sound/picture to identify. Also, I have been getting texts at early hours with my 2FA authentication code. I am not comfortable with ELAN at the moment. Also people complain that Quicken will not advise if it is there's or an ELAN issue. I would be there is a standard agreement not to point a finger either way.

• wlreeder
    wlreeder Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Please note that this has been ongoing since 9/25 and is still unresolved. I also use [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] and it is working there. I have generally been quite successful in getting transactions from all the financial institutions I use, It is hard to understand why this is unresolved.

• PeterK
    PeterK Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This issue is still happening. Any update?

• PeterK
    PeterK Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This issue is still happening. Any update?

• mghudson696
    Options

Same issue, 10/4 and still not resolved. I am however able to D/L from Elan and import into to Quicken.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The general consensus it seems is the the actual problem is on the ELAN side. (we obviously don't actually have proof).. My complaint is that Quicken is our I.T. company. They have to act responsibly. We can not all try to resolve this indecent of Quicken. Quicken can not abdicate its responsibilities here. Quicken's responsibility is represent its subscriber base and to communicate to us what is actually the problem and what is being done to get it resolved. We are over a month in this problem. We really don't know much. Quicken's silence is just plain wrong.

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• Craig in ER
    Craig in ER Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I too have been getting random 2FA codes pushed to my phone at all hours of the night from "Cardmember Services" (Elan) for no apparent reason. Makes one concerned. Elan must really be messed up with their web site update - but not surprised.

• rjstephan
    rjstephan Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue

• kileyrreid
    kileyrreid Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

It's disappointing to see very little improvement with this on-going issue.

Makes we question why I should continue to use this subscription Quicken Classis??

[Edited for Readabillity]

• kileyrreid
    kileyrreid Member ✭✭
    Options

Please provide an update to this Fidelity Rewards Credit Card issue… its been an problem for over a month. this and another ongoing issue with Midwest America FCU that you likewise are researching, have made my subscription to Quicken after many years almost useless. Kiley Reid

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Different formats, different aggregators, different data access/download protocols. Being able to download into one financial planning program has no bearing on being able to download into others.

As noted several times in this thread, Elan has confirmed the problem is with their server. I suggest that each of us contact Elan's Technical Services Dept at the phone number shown in my 1st post on 10/1 or to send a Secure Message to them via our online Elan accounts requesting them to fix the issue as quickly as possible.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• spalf
    spalf Member
    Options

Do we need to submit a ticket of some sort to get this fix, or do we just wait in quiet desperation until something happens?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

No, you do not need to wait in quiet desperation. You can download your transactions from Elan using the Web Connect method:

1. Log into your online account at Elan or Fidelity Rewards Credit Card website.
    2. Click on Download (if you log into Fidelity Rewards you will be redirected to the Elan website).
    3. Select the desired transactions date range to be downloaded (i.e., the 1st date after the date of your last downloaded transaction through today's date).
    4. Select the "Quicken" file format (which is a QFX file) for downloading.
    5. Click on Download.
    6. Open the QFX file with Quicken which will import the transactions and account data in that file.
    7. The first time Quicken will likely prompt you to decide what to do with the imported data. Make sure you Link it to your existing account in Quicken.
    8. Complete your normal downloaded transactions review and acceptance process.

The next time you use Web Connect to download/import transactions Quicken should automatically link to the account.

I and many others in this thread have said that this Web Connect process (while not ideal) works flawlessly at getting transactions downloaded into Quicken so one does not need to manually enter each one. IMHO, this is a far better option than just waiting for things to improve.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Did you mean to type 10/7-10/8 instead of 5/7-5/8?

• bobj1007
    bobj1007 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

My fault. I did mean 10/7-10/8. Corrected

• Anony Mouse
    Options

And it's now October 4 and I still can't get into Elan Financial Services. I guess I'm stuck manaully downloading my Fidelity transactions from their website.

• RPMorgan79
    Options

Please let me know when a solution is available

• kevin17@
    kevin17@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I agree that it’s useful as a backup means to get transactions history. It’s a shame QK has created such a fragile API that routinely fails and require months to resolve. Wasn’t the case before quicken subscription/business changed a few years back.

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hard to prevent issues when financial institutions make changes on their end and Quicken has to scramble to determine a fix. Why is it that everyone assumes it's a problem that initiated at Quicken's end ????

• bobj1007
    bobj1007 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Simple answer, we pay Quicken an subscription fee for their services to work with all vendors to resolve the issue. I do not pay a subscription fee to ELAN..

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Now there's a contradictory statement if I've ever read one!

This discussion has been closed.