Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• bobj1007
    bobj1007 Member ✭✭
    Options

Appreciate your review. I omitted that I do not pay a subscription fee to ELAN. Now that I clarified, does that help explain or is there something else I need to clarify?

• rossvri
    rossvri Member
    Options

Quicken, this has gone on long enough now! Get this fixed! My time is worth something, and if I have to log in and download the qfx file every week, will you discount my subscription next year to compensate me for my time? My hourly rate isn't cheap.

Quicken is going to a web version, which I will not convert over to, so I wonder if this has anything to do with it. In any event, I'm sure Elan is getting tired of getting calls about this on their end, so it's in everyone's best interest to resolve this. It's been over a month for some folks. I'm about to blow a cork over this, and it's only been a week to ten days for me.

• Ar33
    Ar33 Member
    Options

Is Quicken worth the subscription cost? This financial software is supposed to save you time right? lately, it seems like I spend more time fixing bugs, restoring old versions, run validate file, super validate, fix missing entries, research how to fix error posts. I think it would be Quicker to go back to a paper register!

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken keeps mentioning working with their "service provide". Can anyone advise who the middle man is for getting transactions ?

• kileyrreid
    kileyrreid Member ✭✭
    Options

Its 10/3 what's the latest download status for Elan Financial credit card transaction. I saw a fix was awaiting release by Quicken. Going on over a month is unacceptable to Quicken customers.

• RatPak
    RatPak Member ✭✭
    Options

If you had bothered to read the past few posts you would know.

• Walborn
    Walborn Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I Can no longer download credit card transactions to Quicken windows. Is there a change that I need to make to the system, I know Elan upgraded their web site recently but they say they are not the problem?

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

The service provider is Intuit. Intuit is the data aggregator and the gate keeper of the FIDIR (Financial Institutions Directory) list. The FIDIR is what tells Quicken which financial institutions support Quicken, which types of connection methods they support, which types of accounts they support and what kinds of data they will download or upload.

A simplistic (very likely overly-simplistic) way that I like to think of it:

• The financial institutions (FIs) contract with Intuit when they wish to add support for Quicken.
    • Intuit does that and adds them to the FIDIR.
    • Intuit is the aggregator of data for EWC and EWC+ accounts. Our login information for these accounts is saved on their servers which they use to download financials data…usually at night…and saves that data on their servers.
    • Intuit is Quicken's supplier. They work with Quicken to get that financial data saved on their servers downloaded into our Quicken software.
    • The Quicken software is the tool that reports the data to us.
    • DC connections work differently: Our logins are not saved on Intuit's servers and Intuit does not aggregate our financial data on their servers. Instead, the logins are saved on our hard drives and when we do OSU or Update Now the software makes the connections with the FIs and downloads the data directly to our software at that time. (I understand it is all routed through Quicken's and Intuit's systems but it is my understanding that the DC data is not saved there.)

The exact details of how that 3-way relationship works is something we will probably never know. But suffice it to say that the resolution of issues, especially major issues like this Elan one appears to be, is much more involved than just Quicken and the FI teams interfacing with each other because somehow and someway Intuit factors in as well.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Walborn - Elan is experiencing some significant server/technical issue that is preventing connections with and downloading into Quicken via OSU and Update Now. One person who'd contacted Elan this morning said he was told they hope to have the issue resolved by sometime this weekend.

Until the issue is resolved, using OSU or Update Now to download from them into Quicken is not possible.

You can use the Web Connect method to download transactions into Quicken if you want. It works really well and takes little effort and time, especially after the initial download.

There are several threads regarding this issue including a very long one at Re: Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin). Click on this link to see a post that provides the step-by-step process for how to download via Web Connect.

Also, you might want to review the Alert that has been posted: ONGOING 10/3/23 Elan Financial Services- CC-502/FDP-102 & CC-505/FDP-105. This Alert is how the Moderators will keep us updated.

• Walborn
    Walborn Member ✭✭
    Options

Figured it was on their end, worked fine before the web upgrade, thanks

• Mark Wagner
    Mark Wagner Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Not making any excuses for Quicken, IMO they need to take the responsibility to resolve the issue no mater who created the problem. I pay a yearly subscription to Quicken for the ability to automatically download and aggregate my financial information, not Elan Financial. That said, thankfully I rarely use my Fidelity (Elan Financial) CC anymore. I switched to a Wells Fargo 2% cash back card a little over a year ago due to Elan Financials abysmal customer service. Frankly it is a shame that Fidelity uses Elan Financial as their CC provider. It would not surprise me if Quicken is having a hard time working with Elan Financial to get anything fixed…they (Elan Financial) are horrible in every way IMO.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@rossvri said:

Quicken is going to a web version, which I will not convert over to, so I wonder if this has anything to do with it. In any event, I'm sure Elan is getting tired of getting calls about this on their end, so it's in everyone's best interest to resolve this. It's been over a month for
    some folks. I'm about to blow a cork over this, and it's only been a week to ten days for me.

Where are you hearing that Quicken is going to a web version? They have not said anything of the sort.

They have developed a sister application that is called Simplifi and that is a web-only product but it is not compatible with Quicken Classic and it is much less featured than Quicken Classic is. It is a totally separate program that I've been told is intended to supplement Quicken Classic, not replace it.

There have been two issues with the Fidelity Visa card this past month.

The first one started in late Aug and mostly affected the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card financial institution, not the Elan Financial Services financial institution. Resolution of that issue was announced on 9/16 and within a couple of days almost no one was reporting an issue with it anymore.

The second one started on 9/23 and affects Elan and all of the financial institutions they support that download into Quicken. As many have reported in this and other threads, Elan has stated the issue is caused by a technical/server issue on their end. Quicken cannot fix Elan's server issue but they can (and have) provided assistance. One person reported earlier today that Elan told him they hope to have this issue resolved by sometime this weekend. Let's hope so.

• whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

meanwhile what you can do is log onto Elan's website and download the transactions based on date. That generates a qfx file that you can import into quicken. A bit tedious, but beats entering by hand.

• RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Finally was able to download frrom Fidelity…Two step verficiation first a test to the phone….and then ooops message and clcked on try again and it worked!!

• BHaasie
    BHaasie Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here… 2nd attempt it went through after the Two-Step Verification…

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My Fidelity Visa Rewards acct. is now working again (other than the online balance has no cents).

My first One-Step Update thru an error and I tried again, I was sent a two-factor code and all is good now (other than the online balance showing no cents).

Hopefully it is fixed, crossing my fingers.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My Fidelity Visa Rewards acct. is now working again (other than the online balance has no cents).

My first One-Step Update thru an error and I tried again, I was sent a two-factor code and all is good now (other than the online balance showing no cents).

Hopefully it is fixed, crossing my fingers.

• Ploooplooo
    Ploooplooo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This worked:

1. Account Settings → Change Connection
    2. Enter login credentials
    3. Enter security code from text message
    4. Error Code → Click Okay → Submit Again
    5. Success!!!

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Road2FIRE
    Road2FIRE Member ✭✭
    Options

Great instructions, thanks. It worked for me. Wasn't asked for a 2FA pin.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

This morning, using the Elan Financial Services account connection.

===========

I tried adding an Elan Financial Services account.

Got a pop-up requesting a code that was texted to my mobile phone.

I entered the code and got the Quicken login request screen for Elan.

I entered the login credentials and got a CC-502 error on a new login request screen.

I re-entered the login credentials and got a successful connection for the Elan Financial services linking my Elan credit card account to the Quicken account.

I tried a transaction download and successfully downloaded transaction from the Elan account.

=============

I hope this stays working.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Worked except the online balance it pulled down had no cents…. it was even dollars. Also, my beginning balance transaction (the earliest transaction in my register) in Quicken was changed. I had made note of what is was before this problem started and had to change it back to what it was. When I reconcile I'm off by the cents that is missing from the online balance.

• Road2FIRE
    Road2FIRE Member ✭✭
    Options

Mine pulled in the cents. Quicken balance exactly matches my balance on Fidelity's app.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Thomas Roche If you right click on the account name in the list of accounts. Is show cents in amounts selected? Curious. My downloads are matching to the penny.

Well that setting is for the account list more than the register. SO it probably won't affect the register balance display.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yes… show cents is selected…. cents are included on all my transactions, it's just the online balance is whole dollars, yet when I go to the website, my current balance shows the cents. I suspect it will resolve itself is a day or two…. had this issue once before.

• mannyg
    mannyg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

** VERY GLAD ** this is working again!!! After 35 years in software development, IMHO this issue really highlights the need for BETTER QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTING with development changes starting with BETTER USE CASES for developers to test with!!!

Thank you for everyone at Quicken, Elan, and anyone else associated with this new process … I hope you all improve your processes so that there is not another financial "IAD" for us customers to hit!😉

• DDT1345
    DDT1345 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the updates regarding getting Elan to work again. My experience matches other's accounts of an "Oops" then retrying and it works.

I believe I have the "cents" issue. My ledger balance is $1234.56, but my online balance is $1234.00. So cents are showing, but it's zeros. Does this match what others are refering to as "no cents"?

• mannyg
    mannyg Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My online balance is showing the cents inside quicken and on the Elan & Fidelity web interfaces to the accounts

This discussion has been closed.