Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• RatPak
    RatPak Member ✭✭
    Options

Even stranger, I have 2 Elan CC accounts with Fidelity ….. one has cents correct, the other no cents.

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just updated and it worked at 8:39. At 7AM I tried it and got a 2FA text request but it did not work. Hopefully the light at the end of the tunnel and not the train.

• kileyrreid
    kileyrreid Member ✭✭
    Options

The cents issue is back again. Elan had it last year.

• FKS3
    FKS3 Member
    Options

Fidelity Rewards/Elan is having huge problems. Not only the Quicken issue…

I have had charges refused - more than once in the past month. Never late, always paid in full - early. Appeared to start about the same time their issue with Quicken began. I then called Fidelity Rewards (I assume Elan). I was, essentially, told this was may fault - although how it was my fault was never explained. The rep was condescending. I'm done with Fidelity Rewards. The sad part is Fidelity Investments is always easy to deal with - sad they have contracted with, apparently, the lowest bidder to run their credit card operation.

IMHO their Fraud Department is out of control and their algorithms have been done by amateurs.

I called Quicken early in this Fidelity Rewards Card fiasco - the Quicken rep was excellent - even called me back the next day with updated info. Unfortunate that Quicken has to spend valuable time dealing with issues created by an inferior card issuer.

• oscargmx
    oscargmx Member
    Options

still cannot connect

• Mark Wagner
    Mark Wagner Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same terrible experience with Elan Financial (Fidelity CC in name only) fraud department. Details are unimportant but I switched to the Wells Fargo Active Cash CC, which also gives 2% cash back on all transactions, about 6 months ago. Couldn't be happier. Fidelity really needs to find another partner for their CC IMO.

• Mark Wagner
    Mark Wagner Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Fixed this morning as others have noted. Not that you would know it since Quicken has not provided any updates. Par for the course unfortunately.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This morning, just for grins, I tried to connect to the old Financial Institution: Fidelity Rewards Credit Card. IT WORKED! I'm now back connect to my Fidelity Rewards Visa card. (This was on QMac, not sure it will work for QWin.)

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • kileyrreid
    kileyrreid Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks!

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got a login error after the 2FA request. I tried logging in again and it worked. Suggestion if you haven't already tried.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• jblevy01
    jblevy01 Member
    Options

It seems like several times a year that the download for Fidelity Rewards transactions breaks. My understanding is that Elan does not allow 3rd party logins to their site so they created the FidelityRewards.com site to get around this policy. Every time they make a change to the format of the login, the connection fails. In my experience, when two parties have software that interacts, changes are announced ahead of time and testing is done prior to putting them into production to ensure that the interaction still functions as intended. I have expressed my dissatisfaction to Fidelity and Elan and am considering moving my credit card business elsewhere if they can't resolve these recurring issues.

• Vic45
    Vic45 Member
    Options

I was able to update the account this morning. I reentered my login ID and password, it sent me a code for verification, it came back with the usual error message, I re-entered my login id and password, and it asked me if i want to link to an existing account which I did and it connected and downloaded. It may be fixed.

• Dan DeWeese
    Options

My Fidelity credit card is downloading again into Quicken. I entered my username and password, they sent a 6-digit number to my phone, I entered it, then had to re-enter my username and password a second time, after which it began to download transactions again.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Elan does allow 3rd party software connections and has for a long time. The fact that Quicken can set up Elan for downloads means that they have approached and contracted with the aggregator (Intuit) to download into Quicken. If they had not done that we would not be able to set up Elan for downloads in Quicken at all.

I have found the Elan connection tends to be much more stable and reliable than the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card connection. I have been telling people for the last 2 years to stop using the Fidelity Rewards connection and instead use the Elan connection because there have been so few issues with the Elan connection.

I agree that too often financial institutions (not just Elan) seem to implement system changes without adequately testing the impact on Quicken. As much as we might not like it, Quicken is not a high priority for them when it comes to system changes they want to make for other higher priority reasons because Quicken is just not a big part of their business from a total customer experience or total business need is concerned. Too often they seem to have the attitude of "let's cut this in now and we'll deal with the consequences of any adverse Quicken impacts later."

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• bill21
    bill21 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was able to download without incident following the procedure just described by Vic45 :)

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I was able to download from Elan today, as well. Like some others have noted, the first time I tried to do it I got a 2FA request and then it returned the CC-502 error code. I then tried it, again, and I was then prompted to link the download to my existing account in Quicken and transactions downloaded (no 2FA request this time).

Unfortunately, for me the Online Balance with the cents dropped issue returned. Usually, this cents dropped issue self resolves by doing OSU the next day. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will no longer be an issue tomorrow.

• BP1T
    BP1T Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried again this morning after reading the posts showing success. Quicken prompts me for my login name and password, then Elan immediately sends a two-factor 6-digit code to my phone that I enter as well. Quicken then says "Logging into e-biller" and a short time later tells me "Login failed"

• DelC
    DelC Member
    Options

Mine works as of today … YAY! THIS TOOK WAY TOO LONG TO GET FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dick Osgood
    Options

Mine worked, too.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

e-biller? Are you running QMac? This is a QWin thread so what is posted here might not be 100% applicable to QMac.

After you got the error, did you try updating/connecting, again? Several people posting here (including me) have said that the first attempt was not successful but the 2nd attempt was.

• BP1T
    BP1T Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I am using a Mac. I realized after I flagged this thread that it was Windows, but I thought that if the issue was purely between Quicken and Elan VISA, that maybe the platform would be irrelevant if both are experiencing the same problem. I have tried resubmitting my login info and am still in "Pending" mode, so we will see. Also, I can look for the Mac thread to not mix apples and oranges. thank you for your response.

• lcindallas
    lcindallas Member ✭✭
    Options

I am on a Mac as well. It started working for me today. I am not sure what e-biller is but I assume it is to pay bills which I handle directly through my bank. But the download sync seems to be working.

• acferrad
    acferrad Member ✭✭
    Options

Exactly. Quicken needs to own the problem. Quicken Kristina ???

• BP1T
    BP1T Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. Yes, e-biller is to pay my bill directly from my Quicken check register, which requires Quicken to log in to my VISA account, same as if you are just wanting a download. I have tried twice today (fist one failed) and my second attempt is currently still in "Pending" mode between Quicken and Elan. But if you are now able to download, that is hopefully an indication that the problem is getting resolved.

• acferrad
    acferrad Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2023
    Options

This connection issue is the same for both QMac and QWin. But the softwares are totally different from each other so the procedures, error codes, etcl., that might be applicable to one might not be applicable to the other. Still, usually there is good info to be gleaned from viewing the thread(s) for the other OS program.

There are several QMac threads on this subject. Here is one of them:

I was wondering if ebill might be complicating the reconnection for you. Have you considered deactivating ebill and then trying to set up the connection with Elan, again? If successful, then you could try to set up ebill, again.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Like some others, my connection with Elan is now downloading, again….BUT it returned the longstanding issue of removing the cents from the Online Balance. That no-cents Online Balance issue also showed up when I connected with the Fidelity Rewards CC institution in a test file today.

Previously, with Elan, I found that it was fairly common for this no-cents issue to occur when first setting up or resetting the connection. I also found that this issue would self-resolve with the next OSU or Update Now the next day or later. Hopefully, it will self resolve with tomorrow's OSU.

With the Fidelity Rewards CC connection this no-cents issue often did not self-resolve for me….ever.

• Misterbill
    Misterbill Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

This finally seems to have been fixed. I got a pop-up asking for a confirmation code sent via SMS on one account, but not a second on a different login. No errors on download.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2023
    Options

I just ran Update Now on my Elan account 2X. The 1st attempt returned the CC-502 error code. The 2nd attempt connected properly and the no-cents issue reported previously was self-resolved.

I also just now ran Update Now on my Fidelity Rewards CC account in a test file. It connected properly on the 1st attempt and the no-cents issue reported previously was also self-resolved.

• Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the heads up….. my no cents issue has been resolved as well after another update.

This discussion has been closed.