Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

As of 1pm pacific time Thu Oct 5, Elan card updates now works!

• wsgumich
    wsgumich Member ✭✭
    Options

After another update, the whole dollar issue resolved for me too. QMac

• quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have the same "cents" issue where the Elan Visa shows the online balance in the Quicken register as "$xx.00" vs "$xx.06". Cents are set to 0.00 versus the true number with exact cents shown on Elan's website.

• rscalzo
    rscalzo Member ✭✭
    Options

Worked fine just now after the six digit cade was entered.

• whodiini
    whodiini Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

This afternoon, when I launched quicken, a notice window popped up announcing issues with Elancard updates. This is hilariously sad. This issue has been ongoing for several weeks and Quicken finally puts a notice up to inform customers the day it has been resolved! If this is an indication of how ponderously slow Quicken is to communicate issues, e.g. takes longer to inform customers of issues than it takes to solve an issue, then one should not expect Quicken to provide timely communication.

• RJFL
    RJFL Member ✭✭
    Options

So after 2 weeks of trying everyday and keeping up with the posts, I just had a successful download. Earlier it asked to enter a texted code which I did but it didn't download but also didn't error out. Just did nothing. So now hours after that, it worked OK.

• John@113
    John@113 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you Quicken for getting this fixed. I may be alone but I do appreciate the difficulty in maintaining a connection with literally hundreds of financial institutions…including those who do website upgrades (like Elan).

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

today 10/6 . account list for the rewards card had activate online updates since 9/20. Now it says improve connection. I click and enter my pw and ID and the next screen says Elan has sent you a 6 digits code to my phone. Well, no code appears. Did it three times. Logged in on deskt top, phone and ipad and did not need a code. Checked my Elan settings there is no secondary authentication.

Again, the statement" its not my fault" appears , try again. There is obviously something going on but in the wrong direction for a fix.

Good news is the download feature the card provides. with a click the transactions go to Elan in Quicken for transactions to be accepted. Just keep an eye on your dates from and to.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Franniedc

Just a suggestion. Did you verify that the phone number on your Elan account profile is current?
    When you login into Elan via ipad and phone, are you using a browser or their Elan app?
    If using a browser, that does not guarantee your phone number on the Elan account is current.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• mbusbusiness
    mbusbusiness Member ✭✭✭
    Options

What!!! No CC-502 this morning!

I'm calling it fixed.

• bartlawrence
    bartlawrence Member ✭✭
    Options

"would just link your account to the Elan Financial services, rather
    then Fidelity. That worked for me. Just go to your Accounts to add a new
    account. search for Elon and add it. Then 'link' it to your existing
    account for fidelity transactions and it should synch up just fine."

THis worked for me. Thanks!!

• PHowland
    PHowland Member ✭✭
    Options

Elan is working with my Quicken Classic now (2 accounts). I removed Online Access from the accounts several days ago after the issue began. Yesterday I was able to set up Online Services for both accounts and today both updated as normal.

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

leishirsute

Thanks for the tip. all personal information in the rewards card is correct. mobile phone is first and correct

I am using the app to log in

• MikeC331
    MikeC331 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I am happy to see that Quicken downloaded all of my Elan Financial transactions last night and again today. Phew!!

• varlene
    varlene Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, finally fixed. Many thanks to all that posted problems and to those at Elan and Quicken who helped get it fixed.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I saw a couple of posts in a QMac thread saying that they, too, were not getting th 2FA codes. One of those individuals contacted Fidelity Rewards and was told that they have been encountering an issue with sending 2FA texts to some people.

The only thing I can suggest at this time is to try, again, tomorrow and see if that issue is resolved by then.

Or if they give you the option to send the 2FA code to your email address, you might want to consider trying that.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• WBajwa
    WBajwa Member ✭✭
    Options

The issue with Elan (Fidelity Credit Card) is resolved for me as of 10/6/2023. Elan service requested a two-step authentication and sent a code to my email. After entering the code in Quicken, now Quicken can update the account without any issue.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I also had three fraudulent charges on my Elan Fidelity card. They reissued a new card number and reversed the charges. But the case is still not closed. They say it will take 90 days (I'm at about 80 days now.) Could be much better. And I will be of course very disturbed if they don't close the case with all the bogus charges reversed.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    Options

I see this also. I have both Fidelity Rewards Credit Card and Elan Financial Services set up for downloads now as separate accounts. The Elan FI connection has the cents truncated for the Online Balance. May be just one transaction causing that, but I don't have the bandwidth to try to track it down.

• DDT1345
    DDT1345 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Ok, so the Fidelity / Elan issue is fixed, but now OSU seems to not be working at all. It finishes in a few seconds with no results. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

It is pretty typical for a financial institution to do exactly what you said Elan is doing…reverse the fraudulent charges immediately, closed the compromise account immediately, send out a new account replacement card (usually within a week or less). For almost everyone that is the extent of it.

But those financial institutions must conduct investigations to determine if they can identify who did the fraud, whether or not they can/should seek restitution from that person and/or whether or not they should press charges against them. Taking up to 90 days for that investigation to be completed is pretty typical and routine. As far as the cardholder is concerned, it's nothing more than a formality.

I've had a few compromised credit cards over the years…Elan (Fidelity), Citi (Costco), Chase (Freedom), US Bank (World Perks Visa). It's been the same process in each instance. You seem apprehensive about Elan regarding your situation but you should not be.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Dropping the cents for the Online Balance has been an issue with Elan and Fidelity Rewards Card (more of an issue with Fidelity than with Elan) for quite some time now (since at least last winter). It happens when the account is newly set up, it is Reset or it is deactivated/reactivated.

It does not always happen and in most cases it is a nuisance for up to about 1 day. Update the account, again the next day (or sometimes even later in the same day) and this issue will usually self resolve.

Whatever you do, do not enter an account balancing transaction because then you will have created an actual account balance issue that cannot be resolved without deleting that account balancing transaction that was previously entered. The problem is with the Online Balance amount, not with any transactions in the register.

• dwl1960
    dwl1960 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

After manually downloading from the website I had to reset the connection to get OSU to work again. No issues after that was done.

• RickO
    edited October 2023
    Options

You seem apprehensive about Elan regarding your situation but you should not be.

Not very concerned about it. But I keep getting emails from Elan reminding me that it's not closed yet. Kind of annoying. Never had that happen with other accounts re-issued due to fraud charges.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Your OSU issue is an entirely different subject from this Elan issue. It would be best if you start a new thread regarding it so it gets the attention it deserves and does not get lost in this Elan discussion..

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Ah, that explains it. I've never gotten a bunch of emails reminding me of that….not even from Elan when my Fidelity card was compromised about a year ago. Maybe they had gotten too many inquiries from customers asking about the status and figured they'd be proactive by sending out those emails so their Customer Service people wouldn't be tied up responding to those inquiries? We'll probably never find out the rationale.

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options

It's working again for me now.

• wlreeder
    wlreeder Member
    Options

Me too. Finally!

• wsgumich
    wsgumich Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have had trouble with the Elan fraud department — very arrogant and slow to provide information. I have suggested to Fidelity that they should find a new credit card processor. Elan is actually US Bank.

• wsgumich
    wsgumich Member ✭✭
    Options

I lost over $500 to Elan on a bogus charge I didn't make. I don't agree that there's nothing to worry about.

This discussion has been closed.