Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Answers

• RobbHyland
    RobbHyland Member ✭✭
    Options

I see there are a few lucky people, unfortunately I'm still having this problem. Still says quicken is having problems connecting to Elan Financial Services. And they encountered an error (and it's not my fault)

• Bob Z
    Bob Z Member ✭✭
    Options

Mine just worked again too

• jstevensr
    jstevensr Member ✭✭
    Options

Started working intermittently for me tonight with the use of a texted passcode. But I only actually received a text for my wife and my accounts after the fourth prompt, and the time between requests was inordinately long, about 7 minutes. It worked better when I only updated a single account, then it only took a minute.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Worked for me last night. Broken again this morning with CC-800 error during OSU.

Trying an individual register download did not fix the error.

I tried to add a new Elan account to Quicken (just to see if the login credentials worked).

Elan login via Quicken worked and Quicken located my existing Elan account and noted that there was no need to add the account.

Next I tried a Transaction Download from the Elan register and it worked.

Next I tried an OSU for all accounts and Elan processed without errors along with the other Quicken accounts.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• bking51
    bking51 Member ✭✭
    Options

This morning (10/12/2), after using the manual method (log onto Elan site, download transactions, import QFX file), Quicken Classic (Windows 11) asked if I wanted to setup Elan for automatic updates. Went through prompts, entered 2fa code when prompted and it set it up. All seemed to work at that time. Maybe fix is in place.

• JLP1976
    JLP1976 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I tried an Elan FS update this morning, and it worked. However, it downloaded many transaction that have already been reconciled (probably all the ones that I have imported through QFX files). I deleted the downloads from the list and repeated the update. It worked as expected.

• hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I was just able to link my Fidelity credit card via Elan. It downloaded transactions. Subsequent one step update did not throw an error.

The balance has been rounded down to the nearest dollar. I've seen this before and it went away the following day. We'll see if that's the case this time.

• JLP1976
    JLP1976 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@hansenb40 I have seen that rounding thing once before. Same thing - corrected the next day.

• Granny Franny
    Granny Franny Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been unable to download transactions from Elan for my Fidelity Visa for a couple of weeks now. In the last week, however, I have received a couple of texts on my phone with a one-time code from Cardmember Services. Unfortunately, I was not given an opportunity to enter that code from Quicken. I just turn online service off and on, but the problem persists.

• netguydave
    netguydave Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to connect via Express Web Connect to Fidelity Rewards Visa (Elan) this morning for the first time in over a month.

• hansenb40
    hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options

Today's download worked fine. The balanced download is correct and includes the cents.

• Greald
    Greald Member ✭✭
    Options

Having had this issue for far too long, I finally deactivated my online setup for my Fidelity Rewards Visa card (edit account details, click on Online Services, Deactivate). Once completed, I was prompted to set up online services using a different (and supposedly improved) method. When I entered my credentials I was then prompted for a code (two factor authentication, apparently) and then all of my transactions downloaded, just as before. A new issue arose (mismatched balances), but that too has since been resolved.

• ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I attempted to update my Elan Fidelity credit card account using a one step update this morning.

One step update message stated a code was needed which would be sent to my mobile phone. Once I received the code and entered it, Quicken updated the account with no issue.

I then attempted to update it again and this time it updated the account with no code necessary. A temporary fix might have been implemented; We will see if this lasts.

• Granny Franny
    Granny Franny Member ✭✭
    Options

Update: as of last night I successfully downloaded my Fidelity Visa transactions. I should note that I updated Quicken to the latest (R52.28) release yesterday. It appears that the problem is solved.

• kotzr
    kotzr Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I called today and was told this was fixed, but I still cannot download into Quicken as I have in the past. Do I need to do anything within Quicken to fix this?

[Merged Post]

• Kev
    Kev Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

I have been in email contact with Elan and they say it’s “fixed” but you have to download transactions directly from their (largely dysfunctional) website. Every. Single. Time.

Elan has no apparent intention of restoring their cardholders ability to interface directly with Quicken through the app.

If I could do without their cards, I’d cancel them. As it is, when mine are paid off, they won’t be used anymore.

[Merged Post]

• dwl1960
    dwl1960 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

When this has happened to me in the past I first try to "reset". If that doesn't work "deactivating" and the reestablishing the connection usually works. I actually just had to do this with my Chase accounts after they changed their security. Elan is working fine for me now however.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account?

If that doesn't work, try Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Setup Now > follow the prompts making sure to Link the download to the account already in Quicken.

NOTE: If you try either one of these things, I suggest you backup your data file before proceeding.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

You have been given some very bad information. For most people the OSU or Update Now download issue is resolved….just read through the recent posts in this thread.

It was true that up until 10/5 Elan had server/technical issues that prevented OSU/Update Now downloads and the only way to get transactions downloaded during that time period was to manually download/import them from your online account at Elan (or Fidelity Rewards Credit Card).

See my last post. Perhaps you might want to try doing what was suggested in there. Quite a few others who have had problems getting downloads to work, again, have posted that doing one of these processes fixed the issue for them.

• ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just wanted to report as an update to my post from yesterday.

Downloading of transactions and current balance using One Step Update is working today. It did require a multi-factor authorization yesterday but it continues to work today with no additional steps necessary.

• Tim_Hed
    Tim_Hed Member ✭✭
    Options

Agree, this issue is now fully resolved. However, in order to resume downloads I had to go into Account Details for Elan Fin Services and deactivate online services, then reenroll the account again for transaction downloads. After doing this, it now works fine again without the need to manually download and import a QFX file. People that are being told this (a manual import of a QFX file) will be the only way to use Quicken with this card are being told erroneous information.

• FrZpd7843
    FrZpd7843 Member ✭✭
    Options

I understand that institutions may change their interface, requiring Quicken to make adjustments that take time, but Elan Financial started working a couple of days ago, and now, again, is down. What is it that can cause the same financial institution to have repeated problems. Discover Bank had similar issues several weeks ago, and they even announced that they no longer supported Quicken, but now it is working again just fine. What is the outlook for eventually establishing reliable robust banking and financial institution automatic download capbability?

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2023
    Options

Well, we know that the Sep and early-Oct connection issues were caused by server/technical issues that Elan was experiencing. That type is something only Elan can fix and what they have done or are planning on doing to make their system more robust is something only they can answer.

But you are experiencing a connection issue, again, today? Are you getting an error code or message? If so, what is the code and/or message?

I'm really curious about this because I have downloaded with OSU and Update Now from them in 5 different data files today and just ran Update Now, again. In every case the downloads worked perfectly. I also have not seen anyone else posting they are having an issue with it today. Would you provide more detail on what the issue is that you are experiencing?

• CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ditto for me, had to de-activate online services and re-establish for downloads. After that works fine.

B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • shtevie
    shtevie Member ✭✭
    Options

Has anyone on this thread experienced charges to their account that they did not make. I was notified on Saturday that someone was trying to make doordash purchases but fortunately Elan would not authorize it. Currently my account has been shut down until I receive new cards with the new account number. Therefore I am unable to see if I can download successfully into Quicken until middle of next week. I never carry this card and only use it for a few large purchases and charges like insurance premiums so I cannot figure out how anyone was able to get my card numbers

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey guys. Resolved the issue with a tech support at Elan……for me it was the browser . made my default browser Google chrome. was able to add the account with 2 yrs of transactions. I deleted the old account that kept saying "improve connection" in the account list…..

I'm back updating with not a glitch. Hope this lasts and they don't change anything. NO ONE ever suggested checking your browser except a women at Elan tech…..and truly, I should have thought of that when trying to connect with the Elan address on Quicken. I would get 'page not found' when Edge was the browser. Lesson learned.

• Bob38
    Bob38 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to resolve all my Elan issue this morning by contacting Elan Tech Support. Aside from the Quicken download issue, I had been unable to login to the new Elan web site that was put into production a few weeks back. When attempting to login it said it was sending a verification code to my email, but I never received one. I had been able to work around this by logging into the old website - login.elancreditcard.com/onlineCard/login.do. When trying to login to the new web site, it did not give me the option of trying a different method to receive the verification code - like texting to my mobile. While Elan had my mobile number on file, it was not listed as the primary number of the account. Elan Tech Support basically set my primary contact to my mobile number and reset my account. I did not lose any data online, but did have to reregister like a new user - ie: create username, password and answers for 3 security questions. After all this was done, I was able to log into the new Elan website just fine. Then, after deactivating and re-establishing the Elan connection in Quicken, transaction downloads worked again.

• dukeontop
    dukeontop Member ✭✭
    Options

As of October 19, 2023, this appears to be working for me again. I'm at Version R52.33.

The associated Quicken account had been flagged in Quicken as in error (circle with a slash icon appeared to the left of the account). When I clicked on that icon, and chose to fix the account, the subsequent dialogs successfully logged me into my credit card account. It then gave me the option to create a new Quicken account from the one it found, or to link it to an existing account. I chose the latter and it successfully downloaded transactions. I've since updated again and it was successful in downloading transactions. It is using the "Express Web Connect" method. I haven't seen an update from Quicken, but I'm hopeful they've worked out the problem with Elan.

• JohnnyQuick
    JohnnyQuick Member ✭✭
    Options

Oct 20 '23: Yes, confirmed working now (also version 52.33). First OneStep Update generated error "CC-800" "It appears one or more accounts at Elan Financial Services has been deleted. . ." I followed the instructions for the CC-800 FAQ to disable, then re-establish Online Services for the Elan accounts, then chose to link accounts found at Elan to my EXISTING Quicken accounts (be sure NOT to have the newest downloads create new accounts in Quicken). Good Luck to All.

•  A Customer
    Options

Broken here as of 10/20/23 since early October. I keep getting the "it's not your fault" message when I try to add via Fidelity Rewards Visa or Elan Financial Services. I'm able to log in to both websites (fidelityrewards.com / myaccountaccess.com) successfully via the browser. I did have to go through the new security setup (security questions and image) on the myaccountaccess.com site but completed that with no issue and Quicken still doesn't work. Quicken still thinks Elan Financial Services is elanfinancialservices.com on the account setup screen - not sure if this is related.

This discussion has been closed.