System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

One Step Update Summary no longer appears

Comments

• jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I had this problem for a little bit, then it seemed to resolve, but I have a similar problem in that I just get a vague summary (see pic below) with no errors & not by login. Even more odd is on one computer I get this general summary, and on my laptop I get the detailed by login summary on the exact same file (same versions of Quicken (latest windows Deluxe subscription version R52.20 v27.1.52.20). I can click the show the last update box and it does nada and I don't have a runtime.dat file on my computer (in fact I don't have the inet directory, which suggests Quicken eliminated that file). I've gone thru recently and reset all of the connections, this did nothing but create a lot of work for no obvious reason. Today I signed out and signed back in, looked at the connection log files, no issues. I've got 8 logins, but 32 enabled accounts, so I like to see the summary by each login.

I've been trying to find a setting, but it's not obvious where that is, so any help appreciated.

Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 11 Pro - user since 1993

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jhansen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue first start? Which version of Quicken were you using when it started? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi Kristina, thanks for helping.

Yes these files are stored on Onedrive, that's why I noticed the difference. However, I only use the laptop when I'm traveling away from my main computer and I make every effort to ensure Onedrive sync's first on both (but alas I do on occassion get the confilcted file issue). However, I recreated my current file last year, but only noticed the issue described in the last couple months, so let's say August.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

The C:\Program Data folder is a hidden folder so you need to click the Show Hidden Folders option in Windows Explorer. Once you do that you will see the Quicken sub-folder and under that the Inet folder.

As for using OneDrive, you should pause syncing before using Quicken and then let it sync after closing Quicken to avoid any syncing conflicts or file corruption when using Quicken with sync on.

• jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Found all of the runtime.dat files & deleted, thanks @markus1957 for that tip. I ended up searching the C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet directory for runtime.dat and found quite a few from files of yore, deleted them and ran a OSU. Worked perfectly and displayed all accounts. @Quicken Kristina this might be a useful FAQ point for OSU Help. As an FYI on Onedrive, I have very few issues today, I want to say those issues have been minimal for maybe over a year for me, and I'm smarter about how I use Onedrive Quicken files. Thanks for the help y'all, solution worked!

Jeff

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Posting a follow up to let you know that the issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(CTP-7955)

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, Can you please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue? I know it resolves itself and then tends to come back here and there. Please let me know. Thanks!

Quicken Janean

• jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Janean I have not experienced any issues since deleting my runtime.dat files as noted above.

This discussion has been closed.