Invalid date error when accepting downloaded investment transactions from all brokers. (QWIN)

Options
JB
JB Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I have 21 investment accounts with 5 brokers Wells Fargo Advisor, Schwab, Fidelity, JPM, and Merrill. When accepting the downloaded transactions from 10/31/2023 I keep getting "Invalid Date" errors. It doesn't seem to be affecting the downloaded bank transactions.

Answers

• hpllc
    hpllc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This error has been around for a while there are other discussions on this dating back a few years. I also have seen this and simply check ok and do a manual reconciliation. It does not appear to be affecting the data/file integrity.

With that said this morning I experimented a little. I found the files I received this error from had the "Reconcile using online balance" option selected under Account Details/Online Services Tab.

After downloading with One Step Update I selected the account with new transactions to accept and before accepting them I opened the Account overview window via the gear icon in the upper right. Selected Change Online Services, then the Online Services Tab and unchecked the Reconcile using online balance option and checked OK to close the window. Quicken did something in the background. Then I did the process again re-selecting the Reconcile using online balance option and checked OK to close the window.

After accepting all transactions a reconcile window appeared requiring the ending balance. Quicken should know that from the download, but I entered it and the reconciling process completed changing all "c" status transactions to "R". See if this changes the behavior for you.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@JB It appears from your prior posts that you are using Quicken Windows; is that correct? You posted this in a Quicken Mac category of the forum, but we can have a moderator move it to a Windows category if that's where it should be. (Note that the two replies you've already received above are from Windows users, so they are applicable if you're using Quicken Windows.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks but the reconcile with/without online balance option isn't available with Investment accounts.
    The real question is why did this nonsense start after the 52.33 update?

• JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks I didn't realize my Login wasn't tied to my product registration that I'm constantly having to reenter numerous times each week.

• hpllc
    hpllc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

JB, the "Reconcile using online balance" is an option in investment accounts. Navigate to Account Details, Change online services and look at the bottom right

• JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    Options

Mine isn't checked and I don't have any new transaction to test with.

This discussion has been closed.