Answers

• mccart
    mccart Member ✭✭
    Options

It is also happening to me

• Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    Options

I had been experiencing this issue for the last couple of months, had pretty much given up and resigned myself to the annoyance of having to click ok every time. Then, strangely, it stopped popping up ~ 2 days ago. I didn't do anything on my end and to my knowledge Quicken hasn't done a release this week, so….?

Curious to hear what others are experiencing now

• rae772
    rae772 Member ✭✭
    Options

problem is still here

• Eastwayroad
    Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ongoing issue for me, but curiously, only when working within 2 of my 3 active files.

• JSS
    JSS Member ✭✭
    Options

Really getting annoyed ant this issue…please quicken please do your job!

• dcwdcwdcw
    dcwdcwdcw Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem still occurring for me on R52.33.

• Russ Erman
    Russ Erman Member ✭✭
    Options

Still happening on all investment accounts.

• ERW93
    ERW93 Member
    Options

Still happening to me. It seems to happen only when there are investment transactions that are occurring today (such as a dividend). Minor annoyance, but still an annoyance.

• ksm
    ksm Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just installed latest update. Enter Valid Date did not appear! Yea!

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not that its important or an issue; when I read the release notes before I Installed the Update it did mention something about a Valid date entry…but I did not think it referred to this Update. When I re-read release notes under HELP menu…the Date entry issue was not in the Release Notes. As an aside, when I brought this to Quickens attentions 2 to 3 weeks back following an update I got, install a backup. My point, Quicken does a poor job of keeping those agents customers deal with on issues updated….. I did not Install a backup, I just knew it had to be an issue caused by the Update.

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

This bug has been FIXED in R53.16 that is available

• compuwise
    compuwise Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited November 2023
    Options

Not fixed for me. V53.16.

This happens consistently after reconciling an investment account, as well as after downloading and accepting transations. I have installed v53.16, restarted Quicken. Next?

Edit: Several restarts later, it seems to be working. I guess it needed time to settle.

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Given it fixed the issue with others, to include me, I would contact Q support and have them point you to the most recent patch where this Fix was included in….and, try updating again with the Patch…..

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The new version (QW 53.16) fixed the issue with me.

• ZBB
    ZBB Member ✭✭
    Options

This is not fixed for me in 53.16

Quicken user since 1990. Want to use Quicken Mac... Stuck on Windows due to missing features (full FX support, employee stock options, seamless transition from Windows data file)...

• scottnew67
    scottnew67 Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem is there when I click on Accept All. It appears that accepting downloaded transaction separately the error does not appear. I see from comments above that the problem was fixed, in some cases, with version 53.16. When I check my version I have R52.33 and when I check for updates I am told that I am current. What gives?

• scottnew67
    scottnew67 Member ✭✭
    Options

Correction: when I accept a transaction separately I don't get the error until I click on "Done"

• Ron Schnatzmeyer
    Options

Well…it seems that clearly, Quicken either does not test their fixes or they have no intention of actually fixing this problem at all. It has been two months! The way they have stonewalled this is creating an enormous amount of bad will and distrust in customers for what should have been and fast and easy repair. Deleting post as "rants" when people express their frustration at Quicken's lack of response, just makes it worse.

Reverting back to R49.33

I bet I get deleted.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A point of clarification: Quicken used to call the patch at this link the "Mondo Patch". Not too long ago they changed the name to "Manual Patch Update". Just want to make sure that no one gets confused looking for "Mondo Patch" when it is no longer listed that way.

As a side comment: I stopped allowing the installed Quicken software to update my version of Quicken because I sometimes found that update process to sometimes be unreliable. Instead, I now always download and install this Manual Patch Update file which has a good update reliability history (at least for me).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Pacifica Bob
    Pacifica Bob Member ✭✭✭
    Options

A fix for the "Enter Valid Date" dumbness following "Accept All" seems to be included with R53.16. Caveat: only limited testing.

• gregandrews
    gregandrews Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Bob. Interesting note.

I just did a "check for updates" and Quicken reported that I already have the latest version of Quicken (Release R52.33). I look forward to getting the newest update.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • gregandrews
    gregandrews Member ✭✭
    Options

I have downloaded and applied the patch and am now running R53.16.

THANKS Greg_the_Geek!

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

@gregandrews said -

I just did a "check for updates" and Quicken reported that I already have the latest version of Quicken (Release R52.33). I look forward to getting the newest update.

FYI: R53.16 is still a staged release. When a staged release has already been downloaded to the specified number of users for the staging process, the ability to download/update to it from within Quicken is paused.

Unfortunately, sometimes Quicken does not recognize the pause so it keeps messaging that a new version is available for updating to from within Quicken. So when you then try to update to it from within Quicken you will get that message that you already have the latest (the last general release) version.

The solution to this is, as you have found out, to manually download and install the Manual Patch Update file. Either that or wait a few more days until the staged release is changed to a general release which will then remove the pause.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• ksm
    ksm Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Oops. I was wrong. The error still appears.

• Pacifica Bob
    Pacifica Bob Member ✭✭✭
    Options

YMMV … but after installing the R53.16 manual patch Quicken behaved very poorly. Crash. Corrupted the datafile. Crashed while validating the corrupted datafile.

Among other error messages, the following, which implies that the local datafile is on cloud storage, which was not correct. Datafile is local, manual backups are on OneNote. Quicken auto backups to local drive.

[Hmmm … first crash was with manual backup to a OneNote folder. I have been saving manual backups to OneNote folder for years.]

After some fumbling, I re-installed R52.33. Recovered the most recent backup prior to installing R53.16. Tested, tested, confirmed, confirmed that Quicken R52.33 was behaving well with the recovered datafile. I have installed patches without incident previously.

Hope I'm the only user who encounters this trouble. Cheers!

Windows 10, fully patched.

• kevin17@
    kevin17@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

+1 after R53.16, 1st Check Pay transaction corrupted. 1st Online Update reported no issue, yet journal status unchanged (send, not sent). 2nd Online Update reported very odd error, not journal change. 3rd Online Update reported no errors, still no journal change.

Subsequent Check Pay transactions (2) transmitted without issue. Anyone’s guess if future transactions work.

Seriously - QK why bother issuing fixes, if you can’t do so without breaking other basic functions??

• eriddington24
    Options

NOT fixed for me in version R53.16, Build 27.1.53.16

This discussion has been closed.