E*TRADE Update Error OL-295 (WINDOWS)

Options

Answers

• davidmarketing
    davidmarketing Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Melman1

I spoke with eTrade on the 3 decimal points vs. 5 since it messed me up as well. Apparently there was in internal memo at eTrade of the change in March 2023. I would imagine it was in some of the documentation that they sent but not sure.

They rounded up so in effect gave us the additional shares. They did not round down so technically we benefited.

I figured out the difference for each security and did an "Add shares" with 0 cost and everything tied. For me, this was ok once I figured it out.

David

• Roger Kint
    Roger Kint Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Etrade just sent me a second notice to change my password again after it was successfully changed an hour ago. The password I set an hour ago now fails.

To be clear, this may or may not be related to the initial problem reported in this thread with error OL-295-A. Of course this now takes precedence in the constellation of issues plaguing updates. Will need to give it time for the dust to settle…

• Todd.J
    Todd.J Member
    Options

After multiple failed one step update attempts, E*Trade disables my password. It has happened twice now. Contacted E*Trade but their tech support is only available Monday through Friday.

• Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My attempt to reset the etrade account resulted in this:

There was no way out except to kill quicken in the task manager.

• nicci
    nicci Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here on two different E*Trade accounts. Worked 11/10 6:30am PST. R52.33 on Windows 11 Home. Also got the email from E*Trade. Following.

• DaWeav
    DaWeav Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Similar thing for me. I attempted a sync yesterday, but it did not work so I just moved on thinking it'll fix itself the next time I try. Today I got the text message 'E*TRADE Alert: You must reset your password'. So I did that and less than a few hours later I received the another text message from E*TRADE requesting the same thing again. So I reset my password again.

Other people I know with E*TRADE accounts that do not have the Quicken connection are not experiencing any issues with password resets so far so it seems to be a Quicken 'direct connect' issue…

• DeVille63
    DeVille63 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same exact problem as reported by all the others in this thread, and I also received this email message this morning "At E*TRADE, we work hard to safeguard your personal information. As a precaution, your current password has been disabled and a new one must be set." Like others, I suspect E*Trade had a security breach as yet unreported, and they disabled Quicken access yesterday.

• DeVille63
    DeVille63 Member ✭✭
    Options

After resetting my password on E*Trade I am still getting the same update error on Quicken, so perhaps it's just if you keep hammering away on Quicken E*Trade in futile attempts to find a workaround

• the3roots
    the3roots Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I'm having the same issues too. Every time I try Quicken One-Step, E-Trade disables my password and forces me to change it. It's happened twice today and twice yesterday. I can log into the E-Trade App or website, but not connect to E-Trade via Quicken at the same time. If I do, E-Trade logs me out as soon as Quicken tries (and fails) to connect. Then E-Trade sends me another email that my password has been disabled and forces me to change it again. I haven't been able to update my E-Trade accounts since November 8th. I called E-Trade support on Thursday, November 10th and was transferred to IT and was told I would have to wait. I've turned off the One-Step-Update for E-Trade until Quicken and E-Trade work out the problem.

• Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

davidmarketing "They rounded up so in effect gave us the additional shares. They did not round down so technically we benefited."

Yes, I did what you did and that was my observation as well. FWIW, I'm sure they know the total cost of doing this, down to the thousandth of a cent, and rolled it into the cost of the acquisition.

• Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hey, did my thread get merged with this one? So now there's multiple threads running in parallel which just confuses.

FWIW, I also got a spurious password reset this afternoon, after my initial battle this morning.

I keep telling Eric Dunn when he makes his "exciting announcements" like changing the logo, that supporting incidents like this in a professional and proper way is way more important than anything else his marketeers might be telling him to do. But I know that won't happen, so as usual, I'll just assume that this will be fixed "someday".

• Movie Nut
    Movie Nut Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I received an email from Etrade to reset my password. I was out of the house, so I did not do a reset or envoke Quicken. Later I received a 2nd Etrade email to reset my password. I followed normal password reset routine. Next I logged into Etrade via Web Browser with new password wit success. Next I updated Quicken with my new Etrade password and still receiving the OL-295-A error when trying to download transactions.

Quicken and Etrade these are our financial accounts, some with peoples life savings, so lets be a bit more proactive and communicate to your joint customers what the heck is going on. I would leave this same message with MSSB/Etrade if I knew how.

"No Matter Where You Go, There You Are"
    Windows 11 Pro, Quicken Subscription
    Intel Core i7-12700, 32GB Ram
  • studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I got an email to reset my password, so I created a new password. Deactivated my etrade account in quicken, now I try and connect and it fails with the new password.

wags Glad to be here!

• TheBigErnie
    TheBigErnie Member ✭✭
    Options

I started having the same problem on November 11. The last completed transaction was November 10 afternoon.

I can login on to Etrade website on my PC and the ETrade app using my current password.

• hpllc
    hpllc Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue. Reported a problem, however unable to attached Sanitized file due to file size.

• Ed V
    Ed V Member ✭✭
    Options

Issue started 11/10. E*Trade OL-295-A error during One Step Update for all my E*Trade accounts. Running Quicken Classic Premier R52.33 Windows 10.

• peejaasgee
    peejaasgee Member ✭✭
    Options

I got the same error from Quicken beginning the morning of the 11th. I have used quicken direct connect with etrade for well over 10 years with only one problem… my error. So I followed the trouble shooting path of OL-295A of checking windows 10 setup, Quicken froze. Had to ctrl-alt-delete to restart quicken. Checking sunday morning the 12th, same problem rejection, same error

• EDacho
    EDacho Member ✭✭
    Options

Experiencing same problem starting today as well.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

See the Alert that was posted yesterday: NEW 11/11/23 Quicken E*Trade - OL-295/HTTP-403 or OFX:16503 .

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Marcus Molina
    Options

Same. "There was an unknown error trying to update this connection. Please try again later. (16503)."

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

same issue. Extremely disappointed with Q after having to resolve a fidelity Visa card issue

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

all of the above.

• Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's funny how people leave same/similar messages without reading the posts from the moderators. 🤔

• Paul Truebig
    Paul Truebig Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to download transactions manually from the Etrade website.

I found the download icon tucked away on the Account / Transactions page. The icon is on the extreme right in the Transactions header ribbon. Once you download the OFX file and open it in Quicken you have to select the linked account manually.

It's not great, but it beats typing.

• jeff2022
    jeff2022 Member
    Options

Getting the same error trying to download transactions from ETrade

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Paul Truebig

thank you couldnt find the qfx file option and your input did it. all good. did the download and import. deja vu, had to do this while quicken had an issue with Elan/Fidelity credit card.

guess i will be doing manual downloads for a month.

again thank you for the temp fix

• TomSHEB
    TomSHEB Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I'm having the same issue. Problem just started two days ago. I'm receiving emails from ETRADE asking me to update my password. I'm able to log in to ETRADE with the same log in and password.

• UnhappyWithQuicken
    Options

What is the compensation for subscription payers who are not getting what we paid for? Why does Quicken say "Contact E*Trade" instead of posting a link to this known issue with the ransomware?

• Paul Guagliardo
    Options

Same problem. First noticed 11/10. Apparently last successful update on 11/6.

I have received no email from ETrade but I spoke to Levi at ETrade Tech Support this morning (11/13/2023; 8: 35 EST) and he said they are getting a lot of emails about this problem and they are working on it. Said I would be notified when it was resolved. No information from him on whether this was an ETrade problem or a Quicken problem.

This discussion has been closed.