Can't download AmEx credit card transactions

Options

Since the first of November my Quicken Classic won't download AmEx credit card transactions. Help!

Best Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue with American Express missing transactions or not downloading has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10595083)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue; tried removing the online connection and setting it back up. when I follow the prompts it attempts to sign in to the Amex Bank, never connects and then times out. just started happening since the beginning of Nov 2023

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @pari and @Lou C,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? Are you getting any error messages or error codes when you try to update your account(s)? If you are not getting any errors, then what is happening when you try to update?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• bwharries
    bwharries Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem. This appears to be on the Quicken end.

Message from AMEX: You have successfully authorized American Express to share your American Express account information with Quicken, who now has access to your information as directed. You can revoke this authorization and stop further sharing of your American Express information at any time through our web site, where available, or by revoking your consent directly with your authorized third party.

Click Return to go back to your authorized third-party site where you will be governed by and subject to their commercial, privacy and security policies and practices.

Message from Quicken: Quicken couldn’t find any accounts to add.

We were unable to identify any accounts to add. This could be because there aren’t any accounts associated with this login or because your accounts aren’t supported by Quicken at this time.

• bwharries
    bwharries Member ✭✭
    Options

Everything has been fine for years until about November 1st.

• jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

See the below. That thread has screen shots of what we're seeing. In my case, I have three AMEX accounts. I was able to reauthorize one of them, but when I tried to reauthorize the other two I get the same messages posted in the thread below. It does look like it's on the Quicken end.

• LongTimeQU
    LongTimeQU Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same 'no transaction downloads" issue reported by Pari. I had a successful download of American Express credit card transactions on November 4th. It has been working for years. However, in multiple attempts today, all other accounts updated as expected, but the American Express did not update. When I do a one-step update, the update does not report any errors, but it does not download any AmEx credit card transactions. Quicken responds as it normally does when there are no new transactions to download: it first indicates that is it downloading transactions, and then it indicates "One Step Update Complete" with a green checkmark in the pop-up window. However, there are no transactions downloaded to the account in Quicken. Based on the information in my online AmEx account, there are multiple transactions that have happened going back to 6 days ago that should have downloaded. The online balance in Quicken is also not being updated - it remains unchanged from the value it had at my last successful download on November 5th. Based on the experiences reported in this thread, I did not attempt to reset the account in Quicken.

• pari
    pari Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you LongTimeQU. That's exactly what has occurred when I try to use One Step Update. Thank you for clarifying the issue. Hopefully now someone will offer some help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies @pari and @LongTimeQU,

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend following the troubleshooting steps in this article on when transactions are missing or not downloading.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• jim_jw
    jim_jw Member
    Options

Same problem.

from AMEX: You have successfully authorized American Express to share
    your American Express account information with Quicken, who now has
    access to your information as directed. You can revoke this
    authorization and stop further sharing of your American Express
    information at any time through our web site, where available, or by
    revoking your consent directly with your authorized third party.

Click
    Return to go back to your authorized third-party site where you will be
    governed by and subject to their commercial, privacy and security
    policies and practices.

Message from Quicken: "Link account to MPCU S01" (a random savings account),

Selected: Do not add to Quicken

Message from Quicken: "Account Amex was not found at American Express. You should disable this account from One Step Update."

Problem started sometime during the last week.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If any of these accounts are still showing "activated" (in Edit Account Details / Online Services tab) deactivate the accounts first.
    Now please try setting up your AmEx credit card accounts again, but use Tools / New Account to perform the process.
    When you follow instructions and get to the AmEx website showing a list of accounts be sure to click each account to give it a checkmark in the box on the left. (If you skip past this step, error "no accounts found" will be waiting for you later on)
    When back in Quicken follow instructions to activate accounts.
    In the list of accounts found be sure to "Link" accounts to their correct Quicken account registers or you will create new account registers. Yes, click on the Link button, follow the popups to ensure, e.g., card -1234 is correctly linked to Quicken register for card 1234.

• MikeParker
    MikeParker Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here, following in case a solution is found. Quicken has not downloaded any Amex card transactions since November 1st.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue with American Express missing transactions or not downloading has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10595083)

Quicken Kristina

• Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    Options

just ran the update to R53.16 and this issue seems to be resolved now. I was able to re-establish the AMEX accounts for download and received transactions via One Step Update. 👍️. Onward -

• jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, I've been running R53.16 and had the issue and still do. Can't reauthorize my additional cardmember accounts.

I seem to remember that I was asked to reauthorize a short time after I applied the R53.16 Mondo Patch. At the time, I wasn't sure if applying R53.16 was what forced the reauthorization or if they were not related.

• pari
    pari Member ✭✭
    Options

I continue to have the same issue in attempting to download Amex transactions into Quicken. I installed the latest Quicken update, deactivated and reactivated my Amex account, ran the troubleshooting and "fixit" options. Nothing is working nor has worked since November 1.
    And there is still a problem with Quicken opening the saved file from the OneDrive location.

• siegelmichael
    siegelmichael Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue. Any ETA?

• LPUser
    LPUser Member
    Options

I too am having this issue. Last time Was able to download transactions as of November 12. Running R53.16.

• Sashimi
    Sashimi Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. I'm running Quicken Home and Business Version R53.16

• BrianH
    BrianH Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem. I have the most recent update. Please fix!

• jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Reauthorizing my additional cardmember accounts worked when I selected "American Express - Delegate" as the financial institution. "American Express" seems to work only on the main card account.

Not at all obvious. But one of the Quicken folks suggested this and it worked for me.

• SK2020
    SK2020 Member ✭✭
    Options

@jtemplin that worked for me too - Main Card - use "American Express" - for sub-accounts use "American Express - Delegate." For me the loss of value has been that the account balance on the sub-accounts is the same as the balance on the main card. As a result auto-reconcile does not work as intended.

• mttorley
    mttorley Member
    Options

Same Issue. Everything connects correctly to my single account (no delegate account) , but NO transaction data. R53.16

• Jon_sacks
    Jon_sacks Member ✭✭
    Options

Running R53.16 Build 27.1.53.16 Windows

Was able to authorize via the web, but no transactions download.
    Did a "Reset Account" in Tools-Accounts and again it reported as successful
    Download said "Downloaded transactions from the last 4416 days", but no transactions display.

Others have posted about "American Express - Delegate", but I do not see that option in the screen for Online Services, nor was I presented that as an option in the Connect Account Dialog at the end of the reauthorization process. Where is this option and is that the only work around.

• SK2020
    SK2020 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Jon_sacks I am using Quicken Classic Premier for for Mac and I can find "America Express - Delegate" when I search 'American Express. See Screenshot

• BrianH
    BrianH Member ✭✭
    Options

Went to try again and got a message to reactivate the account. Did that and then One step update updated the Amex account normally. Hopefully problem is solved

• pari
    pari Member ✭✭
    Options

battagja - this worked! Finally, 26 days of missing transactions have been downloaded. Thank goodness for Community members!

• Eryeal
    Eryeal Member ✭✭
    Options

Battagja / LouB: Thanks for this fixed, it worked. Question though - is it safe to change the display options back to business after it's working again? Don't want to risk it and then going through the process again.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where do you see the option for "personal" in Display Options? Is this for Quicken for Windows? I only see 3 checkboxes, a "close account" button, and an Account Intent pulldown that's Credit or Liability options.

And who is LouB? I see a Lou C that had posted some stuff.

• PDXBlue
    PDXBlue Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

It seemed to work if I just switched the display option to personal and then reran the update. Didn't need to deactivate. I had AMEX and Chase business cards that had stopped working.

This discussion has been closed.