Filtering Search is Still Not Filtering

Options
WSC
WSC Member ✭✭✭

My original post was here:

I just installed the latest patch and the filtering works a little better but still fails. I should have a dozen transactions showing and now I have three or four. Not sure why. Still waiting on a fix.

And please don't close out a question about a bug until a patch is distributed and verified. Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @WSC,

To confirm, are you still having an issue with filtering Transaction Reports by the memo field? Is this happening only in saved reports, or is it also happening in newly created reports? You mentioned that it's working a little bit better, but is still not seeing everything it should. Could you please provide screenshots of what is happening (with personal information obscured or blurred)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• WSC
    WSC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have a number of saved reports, so yes, those are the ones I tested. On further investigation, I do have some other older ones that are working. The one in particular is for the most recent creation which is an old report for which I just change the dates. It doesn't seem to work here. I'm filtered by special characters (^^) in the memo field and now Quicken is filtering properly for a few transactions and ignoring others. In one case, they're side by side: one transaction is included, one ignored.

But, if I create the same report from scratch, it does seem to function correctly. I'm not sure what to make of this.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"I'm not sure what to make of this."

I believe you're experiencing the result of Quicken's long history of corrupting saved reports.
    [As well as a similar history of hosing Home tab widget customizations.]

I suspect that, until Quicken fixes it (and I would not hold my breath waiting for that to happen), you're stuck with what you have now: recreating the saved report (or any hosed Home tab widget customizations).

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.