Edit Menu - No Preferences Option

Options
JAM22
JAM22 Member ✭✭

Version 7.3.2 (Build 703.50456.100)

I am brand new to using this software. I am trying to get set up and I cannot find preferences anywhere. I am not very familiar yet so I'm not sure what to try. Any guidance is so appreciated. Getting frustrated.

Answers

• JAM22
    JAM22 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just updated to Quicken 7.4.1 :)

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Preferences are now usually called Settings in current macOS. There are two levels of settings in QMac.

1. Click the Quicken menu, then Settings. There you will find the app-level settings.
    2. With an account selected in the sidebar, click menu Accounts, then Settings. Here you will find the account-level settings.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • JAM22
    JAM22 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you so much for your response. This is all I see, I am not sure where to go from here.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2023
    Options

This is all I see, I am not sure where to go from here.

Well, what is it you're trying to do?

You've found the app-level settings screen. Click each of the 8 icons across the top of the window to see what you can set in each one.

Beyond that, if you can expand on what you’re looking to learn how to do, we can offer more information.

One place that’s often overlooked for basic information is Quicken’s online help, available on the Help menu; it’s not deep on every feature like an old-school user manual, but it does touch on almost every part of the program, so you may want to check it out.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2023
    Options

This might help:

https://tech-content.quicken.com/QuickenforMacQuickStart/story.html

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • JAM22
    JAM22 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you bnoth for your guidance! I was watching this video and at 2:10 he mentions preferences and data and making adjustments and this is where I wasn't seeing the same menus. It seems maybe it has been moved with updates, etc?

Video on youtube titled: Quicken Tutorial: Learn How To Quickly Download & Categorize Transactions. (I am too new to the community to post links)

• jacobs
    Options

The video you referenced (here) is showing Quicken Windows at the spot you mentioned. So: ignore it. (He's using a Mac, but running Quicken Windows in a Windows virtual machine; I didn't watch the entire video to see if he switches back and forth.)

• JAM22
    JAM22 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ahhh I see. Yea I noticed that and couldnt really make sense of that. Im going to review all the info I have here and keep moving forward. I appreciate it!

• jacobs
    Options

I just looked at his first video in the Quicken series, and he discusses running Parallels, the virtual machine software, in order to run Quicken Windows. So my suggestion is to not watch that guy's videos, because the differences between Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac are sometimes small and sometimes large, but they will confuse you. 😀

If you're looking for video tutorials, try Googling "Quicken Mac videos" and you'll find a bunch from Quicken and users. Since Quicken Mac is ever-changing and evolving, and video production makes it hard to update each time the features change, you may find some videos for prior versions — but any differences will be smaller than watching a video about Quicken Windows.

And don't hesitate to post questions here on the forum as you dig deeper into using Quicken Mac.

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Links in my signature might help too.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.