Updated Transactions All Return ZERO Amounts, All Else AOK

Options
rdurost
rdurost Member ✭✭

QW blew up on me a few weeks ago, and after I seemed to get it running again, all is well but when I do an Update to my local bank that I've been using for over 10 years, the returned transactions are all valid for Date, Vendor, basically everything except the amounts.

All Payment transactions come up with zero amount. All Deposit transactions come through fine.

[Removed - Profanity]

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's the name of the bank and what downloading method does it use? (Account Details > Online Services)

• rdurost
    rdurost Member ✭✭
    Options

It's a small rural bank that uses a website created by FPSGold. I am, and have been, using Express Web Connect.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. This issue may have to be escalated to higher support levels for further research.

Quicken Support:

• rdurost
    rdurost Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, but I've been doing PC desktop support professionally since PC clones existed, and been a user of Quicken since Intuit Quicken version 2.0 for DOS, when it wasn't a company just milking the cash cow. The very LAST thing that I would do in 2024 is grant some yahoo that a company which has betrayed me is paying minimum wage in Mumbai to take control of my own computer and run down the official "1) try this, then 2) try this" list.

I'm appealing to a a User group because I've done everything that a well-meaning fellow trench warrior in any country would have done. If Quicken actually knows what is causing this very specific symptom, I'd just like to be pointed in the right direction, not just told to let somebody bash around on my machine.

If the best this group can do is "Dang, that's weird, beats me!" that's fine too, and would actually be a useful data point in and of itself.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you spoken to the small rural bank that uses a website created by FPSGold?

As you know, "garbage in, garbage out", so I'd think that that small rural bank (or FPSGold) made some changes at their site and didn't inform Quicken of the change. I don't think you'd actually have to screen share at all if the problem is actually that, and not a corruption of your data file. Tell support what you're seeing and ask them to ask Intuit to fix the problem.

This discussion has been closed.