Empower Integration

Options

Is there still an issue with the integration with Empower and Mac Quicken Classic? I used to be able to have the accounts download and now it won’t connect at all. I spoke to Empower today and they tell me this is a Quicken problem.. and that I could download the transactions from Empower , but this isn’t what I wanted to have to do. I think this has been going on for at least 6 months. Is this Quicken or is this Empower and when will it be working?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @ms speedy,

What exactly occurs when attemting to add accounts or download transactions from Empower? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• BandL
    BandL Member
    Options

I am also having problems with Empower. When I add the account, it takes my credentials, Quicken connects and authenticates, I can see the balances (I have two with Empower after they took over Prudential), but.. and this is where it breaks… after it adds the accounts, I get a $0 balance and all future attempts to update gives me an FDP-102 error.

I spoke with Empower and they said this is a Quicken issue since it is able to initially connect and see the balances.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @BandL,

Due to the ongoing $0 investment account balance issue (explained below), we have blocked connections with the financial institution while we work on a solution. This means that users will not be able to connect to their account(s) with Empower.

You may follow this link to access the alert where you may bookmark it for any and all future updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• kobzarm
    kobzarm Member
    Options

I just signed up for Quicken Premiere and this is not acceptable. MINT.com is shutting down, and that free service, which Intuit owns(?), connects to Empower. This needs to be corrected immediatel. I will look at that link, but I am very disappointed.

• Akafrank
    Akafrank Member ✭✭
    Options

This has been going on with my account since Aug 15, 2023. Quicken will show the balance when you verify connection but will not show it in the left hand list for net worth total. I will abandon Quicken next renewal if it is not fixed.

• DaddioRick
    Options

Please add me to the list of those who very much want to connect to my retirement account at Empower. This worked perfect with Mint so I also know it can work. As one exploring a new alternative to the almost defunct Mint, I have high hopes that Quicken will become my new goto software.

• jlavoo
    jlavoo Member
    Options

I have the same problems. Cannot download transactions with my Empower account.

First problem is not sending the MFA.

Second problem, after I was able to get a MFA code by signing in on a new browser, Quicken states "cannot connect."

Going on for over 6 months. Why do we pay for Quicken?

• Bubby4114
    Options

I’m also in the same boat. As well as with South Carolina’s 529 Future Scholar Accounts.

• dom6180
    dom6180 Member
    Options

I have the same issue w/ connecting Empower (Colorado PERA retirement). Also, when I clicked the link to access the alert it stated that I do not have permission to access that site.

• Starletblonde
    Options

I’m having the same issue too. I just signed up for Quicken and now I may decide it’s not worth it if I can’t see and analyze my total financial portfolio. Why would I want a product that only lets me see some of my finances? Empower is a large financial institution after acquiring Prudential and this is only going to become more important to users. This deserves expedited collaboration between Quicken and Empower to get this resolved.

• mjbrunson
    Options

Same issue here. Link offered above tells me I don't have permission. This is absolutely unacceptable. Quicken - fix it or lose me.

• jrgator
    jrgator Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem for me. I click on the link and it says I don't have permission. I have an Empower Retirement 401k…I'm thinking I should have permission to see why Quicken won't connect with it.

• kwoodard58
    kwoodard58 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine Any update available on the resolution of the issue regarding access to Empower accounts..? I tried to add my Empower 401k account this morning and Empower is not available as an option.

I tried to access the link you posted above and got a 'you don't have permission to access this' message.

A status update would be most helpful and appreciated. 😀

• inovickis
    inovickis Member
    Options

I have the MFA issue as well. I never receive text message from empower retirement account after signing in via quicken app on mac.

Also, i notice that the balance alternates between the actual balance and 0 dollars regularly, showing that there is also an issue after the account has been authenticated too already.

• wcsuther
    wcsuther Member
    Options

I just upgraded my Quicken account to have the ablility to track investments only to find Empower (my main retirement account) is not working with Quicken….hmmm…

• brownwk
    brownwk Member
    Options

I just purchased Quicken Premier to replace Mint and cannot link to my Empower-Retiremetn account that worked with Mint. When will this get resolved?

• hairpin
    hairpin Member
    Options

It's frustrating that Empower is not supported. I may have to cancel my recent purchase of Quicken and go back to Siplifi or keep searching.

• hairpin
    hairpin Member
    Options

Actually just trying to add 2 more investment accounts at institutions that aren't supported. It looks like this product is not for me.

• hobbyfarmdude
    Options

Still very much an issue. @Quicken Jasmine what is the plan on resolving this? Any timeline we should expect?

Any plans in 2024 to finally create feature parity between Mac and Windows?

• ElleKay
    ElleKay Member
    Options

I have been a Quicken user since the 90's and I cannot now add Empower to auto download my transactions. My company just switched to Empower and one of my requests was that it MUST integrate with Quicken. They assured me that it does as that was asked when we switched over. But…..it doesn't. Will this work any time soon?

• monsterometer
    monsterometer Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem. The "Empower Retirement 401k" option cannot find my accounts, and the "Empower Retirement" option will ask me how I want the 2FA sent to me, and no matter which way I select, I never get the 2FA code so that I can complete the connection to my Empower Retirement account. Is there a solution?

• SeattleSummer76
    SeattleSummer76 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Still ongoing: no 2FA code. Is there a Quicken ticket for this? The one way above doesn't work.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here. Retirement account went from Prudential (which auto downloaded fine) to Empower. Can't get auto downloads now. Quicken - Do you plan to address? If there is a plan to integrate, ECD. If no plans, PLEASE SAY SO. VERY FRUSTRATING!

• rockhound23
    rockhound23 Member ✭✭
    edited February 25
    Options

EDITING in Progress.

• $KC
    $KC Member
    Options

Would like to see this fixed. I also am unable to add my Empower account

• kwoodard58
    kwoodard58 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jamine… The silence is deafening from Quicken regarding the resolution of the Empower connectivity issue. Please update the community regarding a timeline for the resolution. My employer switched from Vanguard to Empower in 2023 and currently I am unable to track the Empower accounts in Quicken. Based on the other comments I am not alone in wanted the issue to be solved…

I tried the link you posted above regarding following the update link but get a 'You don't have permission' to see the link.

Any help will be appreciated!

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @kwoodard58,

Here is the current link to the Community Alert. I would recommend bookmarking it so you will see updates, when available, and know when the issue is resolved. The last update we received was that Empower allows a 3 hour window for aggregation. Accounts added outside that time will show a $0 balance, but should update within 24 hours.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NTPanaccio
    NTPanaccio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

How are some of you even seeing an option for Empower when adding a new account? Mine just moved from Prudential to Empower, and I see no Empower in the list. The Great-West Financial entry that was referenced in other threads only allows you to setup an offline account.

• kwoodard58
    kwoodard58 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Quicken Kristina! I appreciate your response. A follow up question… I don’t see Empower Financial as an option for adding a new account. How do I add a new account with Empower to Quicken?

• Milehijones
    Milehijones Member
    Options

I have the same exact problem many others are having - the empower retirement accounts adds fine, populates in the list of Investing → Retirement Accounts, reports it has finished syncing successfully and displays a zero balance. Of course I can confirm logging in via the empower website everything is there, balances are correct, etc. I just purchased Quicken a couple of days ago because Mint is going away, and Creditkarma can jump off a cliff - I will never use that software nor trust it - so I purchased Quicken only to find this problem. Quicken, can you give your users some inkling you hear us, and are going to fix this issue?